Stender School of Leadership, Business and Professional Studies
Equipping future leaders in business, technology, education and social work with a strong sense of ethics and responsibility to the global community.
A Focus on Integrity and Social Responsibility
The Stender School of Leadership, Business and Professional Studies strives to impart a sense of integrity and social responsibility to students through a combination of liberal arts education and experiential learning. With a degree from the Stender School, you will learn how to think critically and approach complex problems with courage and grace in both local and global contexts.
Faculty Who Prioritize the Student Experience
The Stender School of Leadership, Business and Professional Studies faculty and staff know students by name, work hard to advise and counsel them effectively, help them find internships and employment, and make their St. Scholastica experience enjoyable. Professors don’t just lecture you; they mentor you, engage you in candid dialogue and challenge you to make a positive impact on the world.
All of our programs foster high academic standards, technological literacy, collaborative partnerships and a diverse learner perspective. The School emphasizes professional development through internships, organizations and social activities across majors.
The School is named in honor of Dr. Bruce Stender.
- Accounting (BA)
- Applied Economics (Minor)
- Business Management (BA)
- Computer Information Systems (BS)
- Data Analytics (Minor)
- Education, Secondary or K-12 (BA)
- Educational Studies (BA)
- Elementary Education (BS)
- Finance (BS)
- Health Informatics and Information Management (BS)
- Marketing (BA)
- Organizational Leadership (BA)
- Social Work (BA)
- Special Education (Minor)
- Undecided/Open (BA/BS)
- Applied Data Analytics Certificate
- Change Leadership Certificate
- Chemistry (Certificate)
- Computer Science Education (Certificate)
- Culturally Responsive Practice (Certificate)
- Educational Technology (Certificate)
- Graduate Special Education Licensure
- Graduate Teaching Licensure
- Health Informatics Certificate
- Health Information Management (Post-Baccalaureate Certificate)
- Healthcare Executive Leadership (Certificate)
- Literacy Instruction (Certificate)
- Project Management Certificate
- Special Education (Certificate)
Tower Hall, Room 3149
1200 Kenwood Ave
Duluth, MN 55811
Meet the Dean
Brenda Fischer, EdD
Dean of the Stender School of Leadership and Professional Studies
Dean Brenda Fischer, an Associate Professor in the Stender School of Leadership and Professional Studies, joined the College in 2011. She earned an EdD in Teaching and Learning from the University of Minnesota, a BS in Elementary Education at Moorhead State University and an MEd in Teaching and Learning from Saint Mary’s University of MN.