Master of Science Health Informatics
Developed for working professionals who wish to take their bachelor’s degree to a higher level in the health data field. Students will take courses such as Systems Design and Software Development, Human Factors and Usability, Healthcare Data Analytics and Project Management all 100% online.
This program has given me the skills to analyze health data systems for the improvement of healthcare delivery.
Meaningful Work Award
Learn how to receive a 10% tuition discount for employees of participating partners.
Saints Succeed Scholarship
Request more information about this scholarship.
Study Buddy Scholarship
Receive a $1,000 scholarship when you and a friend (or a group) enroll.
* Tuition rates are for the 2022-23 academic year. Additional fees and costs for course materials may apply. Total program cost and completion time varies depending on transfer credits and individual program plans. Tuition rates are subject to change.
$66 technology fee per semester.
$75 program fee fall and spring semester.
Why St. Scholastica?
The MS in Health Informatics has been developed for working professionals who wish to take their bachelor’s degree to a higher level in the health data field. Students will take courses such as Systems Design and Software Development, Human Factors and Usability, Healthcare Data Analytics and Project Management all 100% online. Students will earn eligibility to sit for the CHDA exam.
Visit our Catalog to view the program, course and degree requirements, and learning outcomes. Be sure to create your course plan in consultation with your advisor.
Everyone wants to improve healthcare, and everyone in healthcare wants to improve how healthcare decisions are made. Health Informatics is designed to do both, and as such, is poised to be one of the next top career fields. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in medical or health services managers are poised to grow by 32% from 2019 to 2029. And, while it is difficult to predict the number of jobs available in the field, the profession is growing rapidly and career opportunities are high.
Examples of employment opportunities are:
- Analytics Business Intelligence Management
- Chief Medical Information Officer
- Clinical Informatics Coordinator
- Data Architect
- Director of Data Security
- Health Informatics Consultant
- Health Informatics Director
- Healthcare IT Manager
- Implementation Support Analyst
- Informatics Researcher
- Nursing Informaticist
The Health Informatics and Information Management accreditor of The College of St. Scholastica is the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). The College’s accreditation for the Master’s degree in Health Informatics has been reaffirmed through 2029. All inquiries about the program’s accreditation status should be directed by mail to CAHIIM, 200 East Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL, 60601; by phone at (312) 235-3255; or by email at email@example.com.
- 96% retention rate overall for MS in Health Informatics students
- 86% of MS in Health Informatics graduates responding to the graduate survey are employed within one year of graduation
- 92% of those that apply to the MS in Health Informatics program are accepted
- 88% of students complete the MS in Health Informatics within the calculated average completion time
Early submission is encouraged; applications are reviewed as they are completed. Applications completed after the following deadlines will be submitted for the subsequent term.
Fall: Aug. 5
Fall mid-term: Sept. 30
Spring: Dec. 9
Spring mid-term: Feb. 17
Summer: April 21
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
A returning student is a student who was admitted and enrolled in a program at St. Scholastica but has been absent from the program for at least three continuous semesters, including summer. To return to the same program at St. Scholastica, a returning student must be in good academic standing and must apply for readmission to the College.
Meet Our Faculty
Experienced, Dedicated and Distinguished Educators
Expect to be heard, to be challenged and to be involved. St. Scholastica faculty are world-class scholars and experts in their field who invest in your success. Our values of community, respect, stewardship, hospitality and love of learning reflect our faculty’s commitment to lifting up others and celebrating our common humanity.