Things to Know
Living on campus is important to a student’s success. St. Scholastica has a two-year residency requirement (based on high school graduation date) for all students unless they are approved to be commuter students after applying for an exemption.
Students must meet at least one of the following criteria and receive permission from the Director of Residential Life via one of the request forms below in order to be released from the two year residency requirement.
Housing Exemption Criteria
- Discontinuing or withdrawing from St. Scholastica
- Studying abroad
- Documented medical reasons. Contact the Center for Equal Access to begin this process.
- Internship or student teaching
- Transitioning to completely online coursework
- Living at the permanent residence of a parent or legal guardian within 25 miles of the Duluth — Main Campus
- Incoming transfer students are exempt from the 2 year live-on requirement
For new incoming students, to access the Commuter Request form you must first fill out the Housing Application. Both forms are located in the Residential Life section of your my.CSS page. Next you will receive approval or denial from the Director of Residential Life via your CSS email.
The residential life handbook exists to make your experience living at St. Scholastica a great one. It has answers to questions that may come up throughout the year as well as resources and policies specific to residential life.
Check these dates for information on deadlines for housing. Contracts and forms are available in the Residential Life section in my.CSS.
- Dec. 4, 2023: Housing applications go live for new and returning students
- Dec. 21, 2023: Halls close for winter break — students needing break housing should speak to their Resident Advisor.
- Jan. 14, 2024: Halls open for the spring 2024 semester
- Feb. 1, 2024: Housing applications due for upper-class students
- Feb. 8, 2024: Housing selection lottery numbers emailed to students who have submitted housing applications for the apartments
- TBD: Housing selection takes place
- March 1, 2024: Summer housing applications go live in my.CSS. Visit Student Summer Housing in my.CSS for more information.
- March 8, 2024: Halls close for spring break — students needing break housing should speak to their Resident Advisor
- March 17, 2024: Halls open post spring break
- April 2-9, 2024: Residents will attend their RA’s building close information meeting
- April 10 – 26: Move-out inspections with RAs
- May 1, 2024: Summer housing applications due (Priority Deadline). Visit Student Summer Housing in my.CSS for more information.
- May 6, 2024: Summer housing applications cancellation deadline. Visit Student Summer Housing in my.CSS for more information.
- May 11, 2024: Residence halls close at 5 p.m. for non-graduating students
- May 12, 2024: Residence halls close at Noon for graduating students
- June 14, 2024: No charge for housing cancellations up to this date
- June 15, 2024: Housing applications due for new incoming students
- June 15-July 15, 2024: $150 housing cancellation charge will be applied
- Mid-July, 2024: First-year housing placement, roommate and early arrival information shared to your CSS email account
- July 16, 2024: Start of Fall Term — $300 housing cancellation charge will be applied
- Aug. 30, 2024: First-year move-in day, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Aug. 31 – Sept. 2, 2024: Upper-class move-in weekend, beginning at 9 a.m. on August 31, 2024