Parents and Families Resources
We are so glad your student is attending St. Scholastica! This page has a number of resources for you.
Parent and Family Council
Are you interested in supporting the College through giving of time, talent and/or treasure? Do you want to encourage the greater parent community to do the same, particularly through volunteer opportunities? The Parent and Family Council provides opportunities for families to become more involved.
If you would like additional details, contact the Parent and Family Council at 218-723-7068 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College of St. Scholastica Parent and Family Council seeks to advance the interests of the College by fostering mutual support between the College and family members and promoting active family involvement in the life of the College, shaped by the Catholic Benedictine heritage.
The Parent and Family Council, whose membership includes parents, guardians, or parental figures of current students, serves as a voice for family members of St. Scholastica students and supports a diverse and inclusive academic community of excellence.
The mission is fulfilled by:
- Providing a forum for new ideas and suggestions for bettering student programs and services
- Communicating matters of interest to the College from the perspective of families and sharing communications of interest to families from the College
- Supporting and participating in family events and activities sponsored by the College to include, but not limited to, Move-In Weekend, Homecoming, Orientation, and more
- Supporting and connecting families to foster fellowship around the St. Scholastica experience
- Supporting the College through giving of time, talent and/or treasure and encouraging the greater parent community to do the same, particularly through volunteer opportunities
What are Parent and Family Council member expectations?
- Participate in periodic council meetings (remote participation offered for individuals not located in the Duluth area)
- Represent the Council occasionally at events like Homecoming, Move-In Weekend, and more
Benefits of Joining the Parent and Family Council
- The opportunity to shape the family experience at the College
- The ability to maintain involvement with your student’s educational institution
- Becoming more knowledgeable about College resources and programs that support student learning and engagement
- Opportunities to engage with College administrators on a regular basis
- The opportunity to meet and network with other families
- Invitations to special events
Services and Support
Report a Concern
If you’re concerned about a current student’s health and well-being, we would like to hear from you. Use the reporting form below to notify the College for assistance.
- Saints Shop: sweatshirts, gear and more
- Student Services
- Saints Dining and Meal Plans
- Academic Calendar
- Commencement Info (Graduation!)
- Student Handbook
- Residential Life Handbook
- Academic Support Services and Tutoring
- Career Services: Including major and career exploration, internships and job search support
- Center for Equal Access (Disability Resources)
- Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Student Health Services
- Counseling Services
- Violence Intervention and Prevention: Preventing Sexual and Gender-based Violence
Parenting Articles and Books
- W-Curve: Letter for First Year Students
Helpful for parenting new students
- Parenting a College Student: What Should I Say?
- Supporting Mental Health From a Distance: When Should a Parent Intervene?
- Book: Letting Go: Parent’s Guide to Understanding the College Years (6th ed.)
- Health 101 — Info for Parents
Visit the Saints Shop
Stop by the Saints Shop in Tower Hall on the Duluth campus or shop online to find your favorite Saints gear and products.