Counseling Services and JED Campus
St. Scholastica is committed to the emotional well-being of students and has begun a multi-year strategic collaboration with The Jed Foundation. These efforts not only enhance the mental health work already being done on campus but also creates positive, lasting change.
In case of a medical or safety emergency please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest Emergency Room. If you or someone you know is experiencing serious mental health signs or symptoms, the following resources are available for those needing immediate access to mental health supports.
After Hours Mental Health Resources
- Campus Safety (Duluth and Health Science Center campuses): 218-723-6175
- Duluth Campus (Southern St. Louis and Carlton County Mobile Crisis): 844-772-4724
- Austin Area (Mower County Mobile Crisis): 844-274-7472
- Brainerd Area (Crow Wing County Mobile Crisis): 800-462-5525
- Grand Rapids Area (Itasca County Mobile Crisis): 218-326-8565
- Inver Hills Area (Dakota County Mobile Crisis): 952-891-7171
- St. Cloud Campus (Central Minnesota Mental Health Center): 800-635-8008
View additional mental health mobile crisis response by Minnesota county.
Other Mental Health Crisis Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 (TALK)
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 9-8-8
- Crisis Text Line: text HOME to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 and Press 1, or text to 838255
- The Steve Fund (for students of color): text STEVE to 741741
- Trevor Project Lifeline (for LGBTQ+ students): 866-488-7386, or text START to 678678
- DeafLEAD: A 24-hour crisis line for Deaf or hard of hearing individuals available in ASL
By becoming a JED Campus member St. Scholastica demonstrates a commitment to the emotional well-being of its students. JED Campus is a nationwide initiative of The Jed Foundation designed to empower schools with a framework and customized support to enhance student mental health services, suicide prevention and substance abuse prevention.
JED’s programs are grounded in an evidence-based model used to assess efforts currently being made on campus, identifying existing strengths and improvements within.
Strategic Plan Working Groups
In collaboration with JED Campus, St. Scholastica has identified strategic goals and action steps related to implementing and enhancing mental health, substance use and suicide prevention strategies on our campus. Strategic objectives were identified and six key working groups were created:
- Clinical and Substance Use
- Communication and Collaboration of Efforts
- Equity in Mental Health
- Gatekeeper Training
- Life Skills
- Student Support and Campus Protection