Congratulations! You're accepted to St. Scholastica
Take the next steps to become a Saint and start your academic journey.
Steps to Complete
- Complete the certification of finances form for The College of St. Scholastica*
- Submit additional financial documents to verify the amounts listed on the Declaration of Finance document*
- Provide one photocopy of the photo and information page of your passport*
- For Students with U.S. sponsors only – Also complete an affidavit of support (INS form I-134)*
*Submit these documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay online
- Pay by check from a United States bank (please make checks payable to The College of St. Scholastica)Send payment to:
The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
*PLEASE NOTE: When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction. For inquiries, contact Student Accounts. When we use information from your check to make an electronic fund transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day you make your payment, and you will not receive your check back from your financial institution.
A few days after you have paid your deposit, you will gain access to your St. Scholastica student email address. All communications going forward will be sent to your St. Scholastica student email address, so you will want to check this email address regularly during the spring and summer (we recommend at least weekly, if not daily).
To access your St. Scholastica student email account:
- A day or two after you pay your deposit, you will get an email with your username. Your password will be your student ID number, which can be found on the first page of your applicant portal (this starts with a B and is followed by eight numbers). If you have any questions about your St. Scholastica username and password, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Using your CSS username and password, log in to my.CSS, our online student portal
- Select the “Email” link at the top of the page
We also have a Facebook group where you can meet your future classmates. We encourage you to join the Facebook group.
- You will receive an email from The College of St. Scholastica with a link to a form with questions about your academic history to assist with your course registration. After you complete the form, you will receive an email from David Bauman or other staff in the academic advisement department with directions for registering, along with suggested courses. If you need assistance with the registration process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First-Year Students: Submit an original or certified copy of your final high school/secondary school transcript(s). English translations must be included with these transcripts.
Transfer Students: Submit your final college transcripts (including official evaluation by WES or ECE).Have official transcripts/scores sent by email or mail to:The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
After your deposit has been paid, you will gain access to your housing contract. Complete your contract in just a few easy steps:
- Using Google Chrome as your browser, log in to my.CSS and go to the “Residential Life” section
- Find the Housing Applications information in the “Forms and Tools” section and select the “Housing Information” link
- Click on the “First-Year Housing Contract” button if you are a first year student. Transfer students planning to live on campus should select the housing contract option displayed for them (Somers to Apartments).
A confirmation code will be sent to your CSS email so that you can complete your housing contract. You must enter that code to complete this process.
International students’ earliest arrival date is Aug. 7. You will have on-campus orientation Aug. 30-Sept. 2. Please note that you are not allowed to enter the U.S. on a new (or initial) I-20 more than 30 days before your program start date (the first day of classes). If you are unsure about any of these dates or have any questions, contact the St. Scholastica Office of International Programs.
Once your visa is approved, make travel arrangements to come to the U.S. (please do not make travel arrangements until your visa is approved).
There are a few different ways to get to campus:
Fly directly into Duluth, arriving at Duluth International Airport. This airport is only 5-10 minutes away from the College campus. Free transportation will be provided from this airport.
If you fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, you can take a bus from the airport directly to the College campus via Jefferson Lines or to the Duluth International Airport via Landline. If you take Landline to Duluth International Airport, please arrange with the Office of International Programs to be picked up from there.
Rent a car to drive to campus. This is an option many students use when their family is coming with them. It’s best to rent a car if you are flying into Duluth International Airport (5.3 mi./8.5 km. from campus) or Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (161 mi./259 km. from campus). If you’re flying into Chicago O’Hare International Airport, we recommend getting a connecting flight to Duluth International Airport.
Obtain Driving Directions
- Duluth campus from Duluth International Airport
- Duluth campus from Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport
When driving to campus, please arrive at the desk located in the main entrance of Somers Residence Hall (No. 10 on the Map) to receive initial arrival information and room keys. Staff will be available to greet you between 7 a.m. and midnight.
Groome Transportation provides daily shuttle (van) service between Duluth and the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport.
Submit the Arrival Form
Complete the Fall Arrival form to let the Office of International Programs know how you will be arriving at The College of St. Scholastica. The Office of International Programs will be happy to help you arrange transportation from within Duluth, MN to campus. You are permitted to enter the United States using your I-20 up to 30 days prior to your program start date. After you have submitted the form, we will reach out to you via e-mail to confirm transportation arrangements.
Other Items to Complete Before Coming to the U.S.
Contact the St. Scholastica Office of International Programs at + 1 218-625-4490 or email with any questions. We look forward to having you on campus!
Complete the required Orientation for First-Year Students online through Brightspace, our online learning tool (due prior to your arrival on campus).
- This will take you about three hours to complete, although you do not need to complete it all in one session. During this online orientation you will do many of the business things you need to do as a student, as well as become familiar with many of the offices and processes you need to know as a CSS student.
- We ask that parents allow the student to do the online orientation, as they are the ones responsible for the information and need to know how to do these things and access the services when they come to campus.
- You will need your St. Scholastica username and password to access Brightspace.
International students regardless of credit hours are automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance plan. The College health insurance coverage is not comprehensive. The main purpose of the insurance is to deal with an injury, illness or emergencies. The insurance does not cover dental or vision expenses. You will receive an email from the St. Scholastica Office of International Programs in July with additional information about the college’s health insurance. Learn more about health insurance.
St. Scholastica’s Office of International Programs will send you an email about your priority status with student employment. Either you have been offered student employment as part of your scholarship and you have priority to look for a job on campus now, or you did not receive student employment as part of your scholarship and you will have to wait to look for work after the semester has started. Learn more about student employment.
- Please be sure you have had the following vaccinations before coming to the U.S. Once in the U.S., these immunizations can be more expensive:
- One Tetanus-Diphtheria (Tdap/Td) vaccine in the past 10 years
- Two Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) vaccines after age one
- One meningococcal (meningitis) vaccine after age 16
- In August 2021, the College added a requirement for the COVID-19 vaccination. If you are unable to receive it prior to coming to St. Scholastica, due to low availability in your country, vaccinations will be available upon arrival.
- Provide your immunization history online using St. Scholastica’s MyHealth tool. You will need your St. Scholastica username and password to access this tool. Once logged in, click on “Forms,” then go to the “Vaccination History Form” link.
- Before completing the Vaccination History Form, make sure you have gathered all your records. Once you enter information into this form, you cannot go back into the form and edit or update. If you do need to make updates to your vaccination history, contact Student Health Service.
- You will also need to bring printed copies of your vaccination records (preferably in English) when you arrive on campus.
Join us from the comfort and safety of your home, school or anywhere! During your personalized virtual visit, you will meet 1:1 with an admissions counselor via phone, email or live video chat.