Pre-Med Premium Track
Getting into medical school isn’t easy. The admissions requirements are daunting: high GPA, high MCAT scores, an impressive personal statement, research experience, clinical experience, community service, good recommendations and a strong interview.
Recent St. Scholastica alums have been admitted to the following medical schools:
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine-Duluth
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine-Minneapolis
- Mayo Medical School
- Stritch School of Medicine (Loyola University)
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Oregon Health and Science University
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- University of North Dakota
- Tulane University
- Des Moines University of Osteopathic Medicine
- Boston University
- Florida State University
- University of Arizona — Phoenix
- Creighton University
New First Year Students
- 28 or higher ACT OR 1300 or higher SAT and 3.8 or higher cumulative GPA
- Cumulative Index Score (CNX) of 88 or higher
- Transfer GPA 0f 3.75 or higher for those with at least 16 transferrable credits upon enrollment.
- Students with transfer GPA lower than 3.75 may apply to the track after completing the following CSS courses; General Biology I and II (BIO 1115, BIO 1116 and BIO 1125 or equivalent).
- Students with less than 16 total transfer credits will follow the same guidelines as new first year students (see above).
Currently Enrolled Students
- Minimum GPA of 3.7 in the following CSS courses: Foundations in Biology OR General Biology I and II (BIO 1125 OR BIO 1115/BIO 1116, or equivalent) and General Chemistry I and II (CHM1110 and CHM1120).
Maintaining Premium Track Status
- Students will be evaluated at the end of each academic year against pre-determined minimum GPA standards.