Veteran to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Leadership skills, discipline and a heart for service: the traits that help veterans succeed in the military also make them perfect candidates to pursue nursing careers. St. Scholastica’s Veteran to BS in Nursing program helps veterans move seamlessly into an exciting new field.
Ranked as one of the 2019 Best Colleges for Veterans … participation in federal initiatives helping veterans and active-duty service members pay for their degrees.
All new first-year applicants to St. Scholastica will be awarded either the Benedictine Scholarship or the Access Award, upon admission to the College.
100% of traditional incoming undergraduates receive some type of scholarships. The average for scholarships, grants and/or loans is $31,841.
Are You Looking for a Face-to-Face (on-campus) Experience?
St. Scholastica’s longstanding commitment to inclusivity and generous financial aid packages make our world-class educational programs accessible to students from any background.
The Veteran to BS in Nursing has several benefits for military nursing students:
- Veteran cohorts progress through the undergraduate nursing program together
- Personal advisement and academic support from a military veteran faculty member
- CNA waived for veterans with a medical background that included fundamental nursing skills
- Clinical education opportunities locally at many civilian, veteran and VA facilities
- Opportunities to use innovative technologies that allow students to enhance their educational experiences and visit patients virtually
- Generous credit awarded for military experience and education
- St. Scholastica is a military-friendly college dedicated to helping veterans succeed
Why Should Veterans Consider a Career in Nursing
Critical thinking, time management, leadership. These are a few of the many skills gained in the military that translate into a successful career in nursing.
The Veteran to BS in Nursing program is designed to build community among veteran nursing students and acknowledge the skills gained in the military.
Maximizing Your Benefits
The College of St. Scholastica is committed to making college affordable for members of our nation’s military. We also have generous financial aid packages and scholarships to enhance the accessibility of your education.
You learned a lot from your time in the military, now it’s time you get credit for it. Our academic advisors will work with you to get every possible credit out of your military training and transcript and craft an academic plan that’s unique for you.
Our Center for Equal Access will help you stick to this plan. In addition, our leave policy will let you take time for training and deployments and pick up right where you left off.
The demand for registered nurses is rising rapidly.
- Projected job growth of 6% from 2021-2032, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The Institute of Medicine called for 80% of the nursing workforce to hold at least a bachelor’s degree by 2020, setting a vision for nursing. In 2020, they produced a set of recommendations as a blueprint for improving nursing education and career preparation.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program, and post-graduate APRN certificate program at the College of St. Scholastica are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
The College of St. Scholastica’s pre-licensure degree program, the Bachelor’s to DNP with APRN concentration degree program, and the post-graduate APRN certificate program are approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
Meet Our Faculty
Experienced, Dedicated and Distinguished Educators
Expect to be heard, to be challenged and to be involved. St. Scholastica faculty are world-class scholars and experts in their field who invest in your success. Our values of community, respect, stewardship, hospitality and love of learning reflect our faculty’s commitment to lifting up others and celebrating our common humanity.