Certificate in Chemistry
The Chemistry Graduate Certificate program will assist educators in teaching at a higher academic level and will increase their opportunity for salary advancement. The certificate allows industry professionals to advance in their careers.
* Tuition rates are for the 2021-22 academic year. Additional fees and costs for course materials may apply. Total program cost and completion time varies depending on transfer credits and individual program plans. Tuition rates are subject to change.
Courses are taught by experienced faculty members. Completion of the Certificate in Chemistry will consist of 4 core courses and a choice of 2 elective courses. Each course is 3 credits and delivered in 8 weeks. Courses can be completed in any order.
- Core 1: Bonding and Materials
- Core 2: Topics in Thermodynamics or Kinetics*
- Core 3: Advanced Spectroscopy
- Core 4: Chemical Information and Communication
- Advanced Instrumentation and Analysis
- Advanced Organic Synthesis
- Advanced Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Advanced Separations
- Analytical Electrochemistry
- Bioanalytical Chemistry
- Chemical Education
- Chemistry of Elements
- Environmental Chemistry
- Introduction to Computational Chemistry
- Medical Biochemistry
- Organometallic Reaction and Structures
*Note: if a student takes both Topics in Kinetics and Topics in Thermodynamics, one will count as an elective.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis, 6-starts per year.
The following requirements must be met in order for an applicant to be considered for admittance into the program:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field
- A transcript evaluation will be required if related field
- Letter of recommendation from a science-related mentor
- 1-page personal statement describing the candidate’s interest in the field
- Official undergraduate transcript from all institutions
Required prerequisites: 2 semesters of organic chemistry, 2 semesters of physics, 2 semesters of calculus
A science GPA of 2.8 is strongly suggested.
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
Meet Our Faculty
Experienced, Dedicated and Distinguished Educators
Expect to be heard, to be challenged and to be involved. St. Scholastica faculty are world-class scholars and experts in their field who bring their deep experience to online and on-campus classrooms. Our values of community, respect, stewardship and love of learning reflect our faculty’s commitment to lifting up others and celebrating our common humanity.