SaintsRiseUp Covid Response
To support the health and safety of our community, The College of St. Scholastica recommends all students, faculty and staff follow CDC guidelines (updated April 2023) for everyone ages 6 and older to receive an updated (bivalent) COVID-19 vaccine booster regardless of whether they previously completed their (monovalent) COVID-19 vaccine primary series. Program specific vaccine requirements may apply. All St. Scholastica students, faculty and staff who test positive for COVID will isolate in place. Additional information regarding testing, exposure, symptoms, isolation and masking are provided below.
What do I do if I tested positive for COVID-19, was exposed or have symptoms?
- If you test positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination:
- Stay home and isolate from others for five days
- If you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication and your symptoms are improving or you never had symptoms, you may end isolation after day 5
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days
- If you were exposed to someone with COVID-19:
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days
- Test on day 5 if possible
- If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 Symptoms:
- Please monitor your health daily
- Regardless of vaccination status, if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms connect with your primary healthcare provider or Student Health Service and stay home until your test results are known
- Then, regardless of your test results, please stay home as long as severe symptoms such as fever and body aches persist
COVID-19 Testing Resources
- COVID-19 testing is available for students on the Duluth main campus through Student Health Service
- Self-test or at-home tests
- Testing Locations
- What’s the difference between PCR and antigen?
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests are much more accurate than antigen tests; PCR tests are processed in a lab and typically take between 24-72 hours to receive results
- Antigen tests, also called rapid tests, can be administered anytime, anywhere, with results in approximately 15 minutes
COVID-19 Vaccination Resources
The College of St. Scholastica will continue to monitor the ever changing COVID-19 landscape and will update our response as necessary.