November 27, 2018
Messiah Sing-Along returns for 38th year
Members of the public are invited to join a few hundred of their closest friends to lend their voices to Handel’s epic “Messiah” as part of a traditional Christmas event hosted by St. Scholastica at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 11, in the Mitchell Auditorium on campus.
This marks the 38th time the College has hosted this event. The St. Scholastica Center for Early Music Orchestra, under the direction of music department emeritus faculty member Shelley Gruskin, will provide accompaniment as audience members provide the vocals.
There is no admission charge for this event. Participants may bring their own music score or purchase one at the door for $15. For more information, contact the Spotlight Box Office at 218-723-7000, spotlight.css.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rest of the 2018-19 Music Department concert schedule includes:
- O Holy Night Concert, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14 and 15 at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Rosary, 2801 E. Fourth St.
- High School Honor Band Concert, 5 p.m. Jan. 21, 2019
- Hands and Hammers percussion and piano collaboration, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 5, 2019
- All Things New by Twin Ports Choral Project, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 22, 2019
- Zenith City Sings Choir Festival, 7:30 p.m. March 21, 2019
- Bring the Sing choir-led community sing-along, 10 a.m. March 23, 2019
- Graced by Groove percussion ensemble concert, 7:30 p.m. March 30, 2019
- Vocal Revolution: Voices Only a cappella concert, 3 p.m. April 14, 2019
- For Most this Amazing Day choir concert, 7:30 p.m. April 26, 2019
- Eastern Winds concert band and jazz ensemble concert, 2 p.m. April 28, 2019
- Music for a Festival, string and chamber ensembles, 7:30 p.m. April 30, 2019