Your trusted technology partner at St. Scholastica. Providing innovative solutions, support and reliable technology to students, employees and visitors.
Services and Resources
Storm’s Wireless Network is the College’s official wifi network. You will see this on your computer or mobile device’s available wifi networks to join when on-campus as “stormswirelessnet”. Our wireless network is available to students and employees with a valid network user id and password. Guests of the College can also register to access our network.
Instructions on How to Connect to the Storm’s Wireless Network
The College’s Information Technologies Department supports a wide range of technology and services in the classrooms and beyond across all our campuses. The majority of our classrooms are equipped with projectors and displays, supporting both lecture and active learning. Classroom computers and cameras allow classes to be delivered in a hybrid format, providing access and flexibility for faculty and students.
Technology Requirements for Students
The College of St. Scholastica recommends the use of a computer or laptop that meets the standards below. There is a possibility that other systems may perform adequately, but may not be supported by our support staff. Tablets and mobile devices may lack some essential functionalities. The College will provide an email account that is accessible via the internet.
- Minimum Recommended PC Requirements: Operating system Windows 10
- Minimum Recommended Mac Requirements: macOS Sierra 10.12 (minimum) or newer
If you need Windows on your Mac, you will need to look at a software solution such as VirtualBox or Parallels.
Students will need access to a reliable internet connection and the latest version of one of the following browsers:
- Word processing program (certain courses or degree programs may require a specific processing program). The College provides Google Drive that can be used. Current students can also download Microsoft Office.
- Additional software as required by specific courses or degree programs
Some programs with synchronous components may require you to have the following:
- A computer with a USB-connected or built-in webcam
- High-speed internet connection
- Headset with microphone (USB connection recommended)
Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m.-7 p.m.