St. Scholastica's Concert Band and Jazz Ensembles will perform a variety of musical styles in concert at 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 13, in the Mitchell Auditorium on campus.
At the podium will be Michael Buck, making his concert performance debut as St. Scholastica's new band director.
The concert program is titled "Something Borrowed, Something Blue; Something Favorite, Something New." As the name implies, the program will highlight a variety of styles and eras in concert band and jazz ensemble repertoire.
Tickets are $5. For more information, contact the box office at 723-7000 or email@example.com.
The rest of the 2016 Music Department concert schedule includes:
- Rock Show 5: The Forgettable "Unforgettables," 7:30 p.m. Nov. 19;
- O Holy Night with the St. Scholastica Concert Choir, Bella Voce and Women's Choir, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9 and 10, St. Michael's Church, 4901 E. Superior St., Duluth
- CSS Choirs at Home, 7:30 p.m. March 2
- Still I Rise: Songs of Struggle and Strength with the women's choirs of St. Scholastica and four guest Minnesota colleges, 3:30 p.m. April 8
- A Cappella Potpourri, with Vocal Revolution, 7:30 p.m. April 21;
- Island Hopping with the Saints Percussion Ensembles, 7:30 p.m. April 22;
- Legends and Heroes: Epic music from the St. Scholastica Concert Band and Jazz Ensemble, 7:30 p.m. April 25;
- Spring Serenade with the String Orchestra and Chamber Ensembles, 7:30 p.m. April 27;
- Equilibrium, with the St. Scholastica choirs, 7:30 p.m. April 28.