SaintsRiseUp Safe Return | Campus Updates

Important Information

Fill out the FAFSA

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to be eligible for most financial aid. The FAFSA must be completed each year. Students can now submit the FAFSA as early as October. 

Federal School Code: 002343

Frequently Asked Questions | Student Employment

Applications (

Q: Where do I begin?

A: To begin the application process, you will need to create an account.  Please select a user name and password that you will easily remember. NOTE: User names and passwords are case-sensitive and should not include spaces. You should write down your user name and password. You will need it to apply for other positions or check the status of your application the next time you visit the site.

Q: What if I forget my username or password?

A: If you forget your user name and/or password, click on the "I forgot my username/password" link on the login page. If you need additional assistance, please contact

Q: What information will I be asked to provide?

A: You will be asked to provide personal information such as name, address, phone number, etc. You will also be asked to provide information about your class level, major, as well as information regarding your employment history.

Q: What if I already have created an application?

A: If you already have created an application with this online employment system and wish to update your information, please click on the "Login" link in the navigation menu to login with the user name and password that you used when you created your application.

Q: What if I am not ready to fill out the application at this time?

A: If you do not want to complete the application at this time, please click "CANCEL" at the bottom of the page.

Q: Do I have to fill out an application?

A: Everyone who applies for a position is required to create an application that includes certain information. Any required information is denoted with an asterisk (*). However, the more information you provide, the easier it will be to effectively evaluate your skills, abilities and qualifications.

Q: Can I copy selected information from another electronic document?

A: Yes; for example, you can copy and paste the information from a Word or WordPerfect document directly into the appropriate fields in the application form.

Q: My document was created on a Mac, what do I need to do?

A: If you need assistance with converting files from Mac to PC, please visit the following web page, created by the National Teacher Training Institute:

Q: How do I save my application?

A: If you close the application screen, close your Internet browser, or lose your Internet connection, any information you entered after last clicking "Save and Continue to Next" will not be saved.

Q: How do I update my application?

A:  If you already have applied for a job, you will not be able to update your application.  If you mistakenly entered information that you need to adjust on a current application, please contact the Student Employment Coordinator (Financial Aid).  As you apply for new positions, you are able to update your most recent version of your application, and any attachments, before you certify it.

Q: How do I apply for a posting?

A: To apply for an open position, visit the Search Jobs page to search for current openings. You should search by the Job Group of "Student." View the postings for the positions in which you are interested. At the top of the page you will find an "Apply to this job" link to allow you to apply for that position. Follow the on-screen instructions for completing your application. When you have successfully applied for the position you will receive a confirmation number.

Q: Do I need to complete a separate application for each position of interest?

A: Yes, you will be required to submit a separate application for each position, but once you have completed your first application, your basic application information will be carried forward to any subsequent applications.  You would just want to modify any fields that are specific to the new job that you are applying to, or update any fields such as class level, if you are applying for a job in a new school year. 

Q: After applying my application to a specific position, why did I get a message that states that I am unqualified for that position?

A: There could be a number of reasons why your application was rejected.  Rejections are based on the pre-qualifying questions asked for each job. For instance, do you qualify for federal student employment? Are you an incoming student? These questions are intended to identify students that will not qualify for the position posted.

Q: What do I do if my application was automatically rejected due to error?

A: If you know or feel that you meet the minimum requirements for the position to which you are applying, contact the Student Employment Coordinator (Financial Aid). The Student Employment Coordinator will review your application and determine if the status should be changed and your application submitted for the position.

Q: If I am selected for an interview, who will contact me?

A: Each department determines which applicants to call for interviews. If you are selected, someone from the hiring department will contact you directly. If you do not hear from the department, however, you may assume that other candidates were selected for an interview. Please remember that you may check on the status of your application by signing in at

Q: Will I hear from the Student Employment Office if I am NOT selected for an interview?

A: No. You can expect to receive a system-generated e-mail advising that the position has been filled. You may also monitor the status of positions for which you applied by signing in at (Your Applications).

Q: What if I don't hear back from a supervisor or department?

A:  Once you have submitted an application, we do encourage students to follow up with an email if they haven't heard from the supervisor within a week.  You may also monitor the status of positions for which you applied by signing in at  If you are applying during the summer, please note that some supervisors do not work over the summer, and they will be reviewing applications when they return in the fall.


Q:  How do I know if I'm eligible for student employment (work-study)?

A:  Eligibility is determined by the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you did not complete the FAFSA, then you aren't eligible at this time. If you have received your award letter for the current or upcoming year, and student employment is not listed, please contact the OneStop Student Services Office. Please see Page 2 of the Student Employment Handbook for more information. Students do not need to be eligible for student employment if they are working in the summer.

Q: Are there any jobs that do not require federal student employment eligibility?

A:  Most jobs on campus require students to be eligible for student employment based on the FAFSA. We do have a few jobs, however, that don't require this eligibility. Campus Representatives (through the Admissions Department) and Wait-staff (through the Food Service Department) are two such positions available. Most jobs that aren't spoken for by four weeks into the semester, or if the job has been posted for four or more weeks after the school year starts, will be made available to those students who don't qualify for student employment.

Job postings/required paperwork

Q: Where do I find a list of jobs?

A: Jobs are posted at  students will select the "student" button, which will filter out all of the student jobs.  

Q: How do I get a work study position?

A: Incoming students who have been awarded student employment on their award letter, will be given instructions at their orientation session on how to proceed with their job search. Incoming students who don't have student employment on their award letter, and are on a waiting list, will need to wait until the start of school to apply for jobs - instructions will be given at that time. Continuing students are asked to secure a job for the upcoming year by April 1. Most continuing students will work in their current department. If a student wants to switch jobs, they must contact the office(s) that they are interested in to see if they have openings for the upcoming year. Please see Page 6 of the Student Employment Handbook for more information on securing a job.

Q: What paperwork do I need to complete, and why is this necessary?

A: By law (Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986) every employer in the United States must check the legal status of all employees, including student employees, hired to work after Nov. 6, 1986, or face the threat of criminal penalties. Payroll paperwork required by The College of St. Scholastica for student employees includes the following: Federal I-9 form, Federal W-4 form, Direct Deposit and FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) tutorial. These forms will be completed on a kiosk in the OneStop Student Services Office (T-1130). Allow about 15 minutes to complete the paperwork on-line; Documentation is required. For more information on what documentation to bring, please contact

Q: Why is direct deposit necessary?

A:  It is not required that students who are working on campus sign up for direct deposit, we offer this as a convenience - and more than 94 percent of our students chose to sign up. Students can have their check automatically deposited into either their checking or savings account. Students may opt to have a check printed. If they chose this option, they have between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on payroll Fridays to pick up their check at the Cashier window of the OneStop Office.  Checks not retrieved by that time, will go back to the Payroll Office to be mailed to home addresses. Because of increased risk for lost or stolen checks, they are no longer placed in student mailboxes. 

Q: Can I use a portion of my earnings to pay my student account balance?  

A:  Students have the option of applying up to 100 percent of their paycheck to their CSS student account (payroll deduction).  If a student chooses to have less than 100 percent applied to their CSS student account, the remaining money would be deposited into the student's checking or savings account. Students have access to this option on my.CSS or may contact the OneStop Office to get this set up.


Q: Why don't I see my time-sheet on my.CSS?

A: You will need to contact the Student Employment Coordinator (Financial Aid) to see if a hiring request was submitted by your supervisor. Students will not have access to their time-sheets until all of their payroll paperwork has been completed. There are also some jobs on campus that require students to swipe their card (Food Service). These students will not see their time-sheets on Banner Web.  

Q: Why didn't I get paid?

A: There could be a number of reasons you didn't get paid. Most often, a student forgets to submit their time-sheet to their supervisor. Students are asked to submit their time-sheets online to their supervisor by noon of the last day of the pay period. This gives the supervisor enough time to approve the time-sheet by the Monday morning deadline. Other situations can be discussed with the Student Employment Coordinator (Financial Aid).

Q: I didn't complete my time-sheet, or didn't submit my time-sheet by the deadline. What do I do now?

A: Students who have missed submitting their time-sheets will need to complete the "Late-time" line on their current time-sheet. Instructions for this process are located on my.CSS (Student Employment/Information and Resources). For other situations, please contact the Student Employment Coordinator (Financial Aid) for instructions on how to proceed.

Q: How many hours did I get paid for?

A: Students can review their submitted time-sheets, as well as their hours, pay and deductions on my.CSS (Student Employment/Employment Details). If there are discrepancies, please work with your supervisor to correct your hours with the next pay period.

Q: How many hours may I work?

A: Please refer to Page 7 of the Student Employment Handbook, as each student's situation will be different. Students also should work closely with their supervisor to monitor their hours as to not exceed their letter of employment.

Q: Can I make up hours?

A: Students can work an hour or two more per week, if they are making up hours due to bad weather or illness. Students also can make up time over holidays and breaks with supervisor approval. Hours worked over holidays and breaks cannot exceed eight hours/day or 40 hours/week.

Q: Can I work over break/holidays?

A: When the college is not in academic session (during semester break) students may work up to eight hours per day and up to 40 hours per week, subject to availability of work, supervisor approval, supervision, availability during that time and eligibility of funds. Students who are not attending full-time classes in the summer are allowed to work up to 40 hours per week.  Students must be enrolled for fall semester to work over the summer.

Next Steps...

Receive Program Info and Financial Aid Options
  • Detailed program overview
  • Personalized financial aid
  • Individual admissions support

By requesting information, I authorize The College of St. Scholastica to contact me by email, phone or text message.


Contact Admissions

St. Scholastica Student Blog Recent Articles