Researching and Applying for Graduate Schools
Graduate and professional school requires focus, commitment, time and money. The application process from start to finish can take over a year. Steps you will need to complete for the application process:
Tools to explore graduate programs
Applying to Graduate/Professional School
- Take standardized tests
- Write personal statements
- Ask for recommendations
- Complete applications
- Utilize these additional resources:
Before making the decision to further your education, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have a career objective which requires an advanced degree?
- Have I researched the employment outlook for these fields?
- Have I talked with professionals in my intended career area?
- Have I discussed my plans with advisers, professors and/or a career counselor?
- Have I researched the entrance requirements for admission?