Upcoming Parent Council Meetings:
- August TBD
- September TBD
- December TBD
- February TBD
- April TBD
*Contact the Council at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
For a full list of activities, including sporting events, visit http://www.css.edu/about/news-center/calendar-of-events.html
The College of St. Scholastica Parent Council seeks to advance the interests of the College by fostering mutual support between the College and family members and promoting active family involvement in the life of the College, shaped by the Catholic Benedictine heritage.
The Parent Council, whose membership includes parents, guardians, or parental figures of current students, serves as a voice for family members of St. Scholastica students and supports a diverse and inclusive academic community of excellence.
The mission is fulfilled by:
- Providing a forum for new ideas and suggestions for bettering student programs and services
- Communicating matters of interest to the College from the perspective of families and sharing communications of interest to families from the College
- Supporting and participating in family events and activities sponsored by the College to include, but not limited to, Move-In Weekend, Homecoming, Orientation, and more
- Supporting and connecting families to foster fellowship around the St. Scholastica experience
- Supporting the College through giving of time, talent and/or treasure and encouraging the greater parent community to do the same, particularly through volunteer opportunities
What are Parent Council member expectations?
- Participate in periodic council meetings (remote participation offered for individuals not located in the Duluth area)
- Represent the Council occasionally at events like Homecoming, Move-In Weekend, and more
Benefits of joining the Parent Council include:
- The opportunity to shape the family experience at the College
- The ability to maintain involvement with your student's educational institution
- Becoming more knowledgeable about College resources and programs that support student learning and engagement
- Opportunities to engage with College administrators on a regular basis
- The opportunity to meet and network with other families
- Invitations to special events
If you would like additional details, please contact:
The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
For helpful information for St. Scholastica parents, visit the Parent News Blog!