Tuition and fees
- Tuition: $867/credit (2021-22 rate)
- Total tuition cost: $96,237 for the 111-credit degree (2021-22 rate)
- Total program cost (tuition and fees): $100,421
- For a full description of all program-related costs, please see our Estimated Costs.
- For a full description of the policies and procedures for refunds of tuition and fees, please see the CSS website for details.
- These figures are for estimation purposes only. Because tuition and fee rates change each year, your costs for the 28-month degree will likely be higher than the total figures quoted here.
- Additional fees apply for labs, equipment, certification, and supplies. These fees are in effect for the 2021-22 academic year and are subject to change. Additional information about current tuition rates and fees is available on our financial aid pages and in the PA Student Handbook.
All graduates of an accredited PA program must pass the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE) prior to obtaining a license to practice. This exam is developed by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). View the College of St. Scholastica's PA Program's NCCPA PANCE Report.
Graduation and attrition rates
View the Physician Assistant Studies program's Graduation and Attrition Rate Summary Report.
Program goals and outcomes
The program has defined measurable goals for its graduates. The following data has been collected after the graduation of its first class in 2019 and is published here:
- Graduate PA students who are committed to providing primary care to rural/underserved
- Benchmark: Graduate CSS PA students will exceed the average percentage of PA graduates working in primary care was 27% nationally, as defined and reported by the NCCPA¹, and underserved urban/rural settings was 14%, as defined and reported by NCCPA2.
- Outcome: Goal was met with 32% of CSS PA Graduates in primary care and 40% of CSS PA Graduates in rural/underserved settings 3.
- Graduate PA students who will practice in the upper midwest, primarily in Minnesota and Wisconsin:
- Benchmark: The majority of CSS PA graduates (>50%) will practice in the six-state region, primarily in Minnesota/Wisconsin.
- Outcome: Goal was met with 77% of CSS PA graduates practicing in Minnesota or Wisconsin 3.
- Graduate PA students will be employed within three months of passing the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE):
- Benchmark: At least 67% of CSS PA graduates who choose to seek employment will be employed within three months of passing the PANCE 2.
- Outcome: 71% of respondents surveyed by the program indicated they were employed within three months of passing the PANCE 3.
- Educate Physician Assistant students to achieve the foundational knowledge required to enter into PA professional practice:
- Benchmark: First-time PANCE pass rates will meet the national average (NCCPA).
- Outcome: First-time PANCE pass rate was 86% 4 (NCCPA National First-time PANCE pass rate was 93%). Overall PANCE pass rate for CSS PA graduates was 100% 4.
1 National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, Inc. (2018). 2017 Statistical Profile of Certified Physician Assistants by Specialty: An Annual Report of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
2 National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, Inc. (2018). 2017 Statistical Profile of Recently Certified Physician Assistants.
3 Data obtained from The College of St. Scholastica PA alumni surveys from the 2019 cohort, last updated December 2020.
4 The College of St. Scholastica PA Program data from the NCCPA Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination Five Year First Time Taker Summary Report, last updated April 2020.