Cultural Competency Certificate Program
Introducing in the fall of 2013...
Sponsored by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and Student Affairs.
Please note: Certificate is a non academic, non credit, co-curricular certificate. It will not appear on academic transcripts.
Like our Facebook page! Program and sign up information will be posted there.
The goal of this certificate program is to prepare students for living and working in a Diverse World by:
- Broadening understanding of the cultural complexities of diverse communities
- Increasing the knowledge, sensitivity, and skills in cross-cultural interactions
- Developing global awareness and ability to communication, interact, and work competently and respectfully, locally and in a diverse economy and world.
Also, learn how to effectively answer these common Interview Questions:
- Tell me about a time you had to alter your work style to meet a diversity need or challenge
- What have you done to further your knowledge about diversity? Have you included diversity in your professional development? How have you demonstrated what you have learned?
- What strategies have you used to address diversity challenges? What were the positives and negatives?
According to , Many companies want to know your answer
Program is open to all incoming, traditional first year students starting with incoming first year students the fall of 2012. Other interested parties please contact Nam Provost.
If you have any questions, please contact Nam Provost in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.