Apply to the Native Teacher Program
Before you apply
The Native Teacher Program is looking for students with strong academic abilities and a commitment to work with indigenous people. There are no tribal membership requirements for acceptance into the program. Here's a few additional things to keep in mind:
- Students must be accepted to The College of St. Scholastica before applying to the NTP.
- To be eligible for tuition support, students must major in OLCE and a licensure area. Students must also follow the admissions process for their chosen licensure area. See the appropriate program pages for details.
- Apply online or print, complete and mail (pdf) the Native Teacher Program application
- Complete the college admissions application - You must be accepted into the college before applying to the Native Teacher Program
- On another sheet of paper, please compose a 4-5 page essay describing your personal, academic, and career goals. Please be as specific as possible.
- When all application materials have been received, you will be contacted for a personal interview.
- After the interview process, you will be required to complete an online background check in order to be admitted to the NTP.
- Mail application and essay to:
The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Tower Hall 3103
Duluth, MN 55811
Please call Valerie Tanner at (218) 723-5992 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Applications for the program are considered regardless of age, race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religious affiliation or disability. Project activities will be held in accessible spaces and printed materials are available in alternative formats. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate challenges that could otherwise impede academic success.