Welcome and Keynote Address
8:30-9:30 a.m., CDT
Wing Young Huie
How Photographs Form Us: What Do You See?
Morning break out session schedule
Session 1: 9:40-10:40 a.m.
- Every Student Can Learn to Read (The Science of Reading in the Classroom)
- Beyond the Survey: Creative Uses of Google Forms for Pedagogy
- Teaching, Connecting, and Community Building in a Revolutionized Online Learning Environment
- What Happened at School Today? Exploring refugee, immigrant, and visiting professional high school students' perceptions of school experiences using two-way text conversations and in-depth interviews
- Curiosity, Reflection, Dialogue, & Model Building for Scholarly Development
Session 2: 10:50-11:50 a.m.
- Supervising middle managers in education: Lessons and opportunities for improved self-efficacy
- Behavior Boosters
- Using Assessment-Based Certificates in Undergrad Studies
- Redesign and Restructure Assessment - Applying UDL Principles
- Critical Reflections of Writing and Implementing Teacher Practice Spaces
- A Year of Elementary Distance Learning at Cloquet Public Schools
11:50 a.m.-12:20 p.m.
Afternoon break out session schedule
Session 3: 12:20-1:20 p.m.
- Cultivating Wellness at School: The link between Leadership, SEL & Resilience
- K12 CS Pathway session
- Getting creative online: building community and assignments that engage students in a virtual environment
- Reaching for your GOO-als Online: Guiding Program Planning Through Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes (GOO) in an Online Environment
- Learn about EDU Programs
Session 4: 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- What it's like being a Black Educator in the Northland
- Communication of High Expectations as a Culturally Responsive Teaching Practice
- The Silver Lining of Plan B: Expanding “Tele-Health” Education after a Pandemic
- Classroom Mindfulness
- Going Remote by creating Quality Courses by Design
Closing Session: 2:45-3:15 p.m.
Takeaways and graduate tuition giveaway for M.Ed. and Certificate programs (prize worth $1305)