B.A./B.S. degree from a regionally accredited college or university (major or concentration in exercise physiology is preferred, but not required)
Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
Although not a prerequisite, it is strongly recommended that applicants have some academic background in statistics, anatomy, physiology, exercise physiology, chemistry, algebra, physics and research methods
Seniors at The College of St. Scholastica: please see the Fast Track Application Process
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse (email to email@example.com). Transcripts required: BA/BS transcript showing degree conferred, any post-baccalaureate transcript, and any transcript with pre-requisite coursework.
Please order early - transcripts can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive. Mail transcripts for receipt on or before the deadline to:
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application. You will need to use an updated browser, preferably Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Upload your completed MS in Exercise Physiology Essay (word or pdf format)
The essay should represent your highest level of academic writing and demonstrate ability to participate in a rigorous, fast-paced, academic program.
Prepare a 500-word essay, typed and double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins, answering the following:
- What life experiences led you to pursue a master's degree in exercise physiology?
- How do your interpersonal and communication skills qualify you to be a successful Exercise Physiologist in a professional setting?
- What are your career goals?
- Why did you choose The College of St. Scholastica for your studies?
- Enter contact information for two references. These individuals will receive an email request to complete an online recommendation form, with an optional letter upload. The subject of the email will include "Please submit your recommendation for *First Name *Last Name".
- An interview with faculty of the Exercise Physiology Department may be requested
- If you have international transcripts or non-citizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the International Admissions Policy for complete details.
- Discuss financing your education with OneStop early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and an admissions decision.
The application deadline for the Fast Track option for CSS seniors majoring in Exercise Physiology is Feb. 15. The application deadline for priority consideration for all other applicants is March 1. Review of completed application files will continue until all open seats for the program are filled.
- Submit Decision Response Form
- Submit $250 non-refundable deposit
- Submit Student Health Services forms, including the immunization form
See Graduate Transfer Credit Policy
Credit Transfer Application form
The College of St. Scholastica is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.