$495 / credit*
Master of Arts Information Technology Leadership
This tuition rate is in effect for the 2014-2015 academic year. Tuition rate is subject to change in subsequent years.
*Total program cost varies and is dependent on transfer credits and individualized program plan.
Admissions Requirements and Checklist
B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college or university
Cumulative GPA of 2.8
Meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a major in IT, CS or MIS-related field (preferred, but not required)
- Have a minimum two years experience working with information systems if the baccalaureate degree is not in an IT, CS or MIS-related field
- Completed the prerequisites before beginning the Information Technology Leadership Program, if less than two years experience with information technology and the baccalaureate degree is not in an IT, CS or MIS-related field
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
Those who do not meet the work experience and baccalaureate degree admission or IT experience requirements need to complete three prerequisite courses. All prerequisites coures are available online.
- CIS 3105 - Management Information Systems
- CIS 3107 - Database Modeling
- CIS 3108 - Systems Analysis and Design
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse (email to email@example.com). Transcripts required: B.A./B.S. transcript showing degree conferred, any post-baccalaureate transcript, and any transcript with pre-requisite coursework.
Please order early - transcripts can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive. Mail transcripts for receipt on or before the deadline to:
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application. You will need to use an updated browser, preferably Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
Upload a completed Master of Arts in Information Technology Leadership Essay
The admissions essay should represent your highest level of academic writing and demonstrate your ability to participate in a rigorous, fast-paced, accelerated academic program.
Prepare a 500-word essay, typed and double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins, answering the following:
- Write a 500 word essay to describe your experiences with information systems, discuss your career plans and how you plan to use this degree to fulfill your career goals, and explain why you decided to apply for the Master of Arts in IT Leadership at The College of St. Scholastica.
- Enter contact information for two references who observe and evaluate your leadership competencies and abilities in the IT field. These individuals will receive an email request to complete an online recommendation form, with an optional letter upload. The subject of the email will include "Please submit your recommendation for *First Name *Last Name".
- If you have international transcripts or non-citizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the International Admissions Policy for complete details.
- Discuss financing your education with OneStop early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and the admissions decision.
- Summer: May 2
- Fall: Aug. 15
- Submit Decision Response Form
See Graduate Transfer Credit Policy
Credit Transfer Application form