Incoming Credit Info (PSEO/CITS/AP/IB)

Information about PSEO and CITS Credits

If you have taken PSEO (Post-secondary Enrollment Option) or CITS (College In The Schools) classes through accredited institutions, your credits may transfer to CSS. However, we need to do an official transcript evaluation to see exactly which courses they will "waive" here at St. Scholastica. You will need to have an official transcript sent to CSS from the college/university the classes are through.

Use the tool below to find out what credits may transfer, and what general education requirement they may satisfy.

PSEO/CITS Credit Transfer Tool 

*Note: Even if you have done a lot of PSEO work you are still considered a first-year student, but you will have advanced standing. You will qualify for any and all freshman-level scholarships.

Information about other academic credit programs

Advanced Placement (AP)

The College participates in the Advanced Placement Program of The College Board. Advanced placement or college credit is given to qualified students on the basis of these examinations. To receive credit a student must take the test and receive an Advanced Placement score of three, four or five.

  • A score of 3 on the AP exam will give a student four elective credits at The College of St. Scholastica.
  • A score of 4 or 5 on the AP exam will give a student four credits and a course equivalency in selected classes at The College of St. Scholastica.

International Baccalaureate (IB)

Students who have been formally admitted to The College of St.Scholastica may petition for up to four transfer credits for each International Baccalaureate course completed with a Higher Level Examination grade of four or above on a seven-point scale. The related academic department at the College will determine the acceptability of a course.

To petition for credit, students must submit to the Registrar a written request for credit, a certificate for each Higher Level IB Examination completed and a syllabus for each course. The certificate will be copied and returned to the student. Documentation on an official transcript also will be accepted.

Apply Now Come for a Visit

Accepted Students Meet Your Counselor Contact Admissions