FREE Principles of Project Management MOOC
- Registration opens Oct. 28, 2019
- Course starts Oct. 28 and must be completed by Dec. 22
- All coursework must be completed by Dec. 22
This course is designed for aspiring project managers, current project managers desiring to improve their approach to managing projects or those striving to gain a better understanding of the project management field. The MOOC will provide a robust introduction to the principles of project management and the concepts, tools, and techniques that are applicable to any project across most industries.
- Each chapter reading is accompanied by a narrated PowerPoint presentation
- Required Textbook: You need to buy or rent the following textbook: (6th ed.) Project Management Institute. (2018). A guide to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK guide). Newtown Square, Pa: Project Management Institute. This text can be purchased through the St. Scholastica bookstore or through Amazon.com.
- All coursework must be completed by Dec. 22, 2019
Completion of the course provides
- 40 educational hours toward the Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM®) or Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exam prerequisites through Project Management Institute (PMI)
- 20 professional development units (PDUs) or continuing education units (CEUs) toward continuing education requirements
- Certificate good for one free credit* of tuition available for use in the Fall 2020 start of the MS in Project Management program
- Credit valued at $565.00 other restrictions apply. Please see admissions counselor for more information. Some restrictions apply.
The certificate of completion may be added to your resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
About the course author
Donna Karch, Ph.D, is an adjunct instructor with the Stender School of Business and Technology at The College of St. Scholastica teaching online courses in M.S. in Project Management and B.S. in Computer Information Systems programs. Karch has a Ph.D. in Information Technology with a specialization in Project Management, an M.S. in Technology Management/Project Management, and a B.S. in Information Systems Management, as well as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute.
View our Equal Educational Opportunities Policy