This course provides an introduction to ethical decision making and ethical leadership. The course examines a variety of ethical issues that employees and organizations face. You will explore ethical theories, ethical decision making models, role of governmental policies and corporate governance. You will learn about practices that help encourage ethical behavior in organizations.
- Registration for this MOOC is now closed
- Course run dates: Jan. 22-May 22, 2018
- All coursework must be completed by May 21, 2018
- The course runs 16 weeks but it is still intended to be an 8-week course
- The course provides an introduction to ethical decision making and ethical leadership
- Each chapter reading is accompanied by a narrated PowerPoint presentation
- Required Textbook: You need to buy or rent the following textbook: Ghillyer, Andrew (2017). Business Ethics Now - 5th Edition. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Companies. (ISBN 9781259535437)
- This text can be purchased through the St. Scholastica bookstore or through Amazon.com
- A certificate of completion is awarded to students who successfully complete the course with 70 percent of total test points
- AHIMA accredited 12 CEU credits and a certificate of completion are awarded to students who successfully complete the course with 70 percent of total test points
The certificate of completion can be added to a resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
Dr. Thomas Buck teaches Technology Ethics and Computer Information Systems classes at the College of St. Scholastica.
A special thanks to the C. Charles Jackson Foundation for providing funding for this course.
View our Equal Educational Opportunities Policy