Not living on campus?

Here are some resources to help get you started as a renter in Duluth!

CSS Residency Requirement

The College of St. Scholastica does have a two-year on campus living requirement.  St. Scholastica, a Catholic, Benedictine, residential, liberal arts College, strives to provide a well-rounded experience for its students. The College believes a community living component during a student's first and second year of school supports this experience. As a result, The College of St. Scholastica has a Two Year Residency Requirement that requires high school graduates from the spring of '14 and spring of '15 to live on campus.

Students must meet the following criteria and receive permission from the Director of Residential Life in order to be released from the Two Year Residency Requirement.  Student requesting exemption from residency must fill out the Commuter Request Form on the Cor portal.

  1. Discontinuing/Withdrawing from CSS
  2. Studying Abroad
  3. Documented Medical Reasons
  4. Graduation
  5. Dismissal
  6. Internship/Student Teaching
  7. Marriage
  8. Transitioning to completely online coursework
  9. Living at the Permanent Residence of a Parent or Legal Guardian.

Off-Campus Resources

  • University of Minnesota - Duluth maintains an off-campus housing resource webpage*.  CSS does not endorse or support any of these landlords or rentals, but merely offers this website as a resource.
  • BlueStone Lofts* provides a living experience near campus with access to nearby shops and amenities.

*Information relating to off-campus housing options is provided only to assist students in their housing search. The College assumes no responsibility for contracts and/or leases between individuals, nor does the College have responsibility for any consequences of off-campus housing arrangements. The College does not endorse or sponsor any of the off­ campus housing agencies, services, advertisements, properties, or landlords included on this website. Neither off-campus housing facilities nor advertisements relating to such facilities are inspected or verified by the College.