Getting into medical school is not easy. The admissions requirements are daunting: high GPA, high MCAT scores, an impressive personal statement, research experience, clinical experience, community service, good recommendations and a strong interview.
It helps to have some expert guides to help with the process.
St. Scholastica has long been a high performer in the pre-medicine field, successfully sending many of our graduates to medical schools around the country. That success is no accident. The combination of our strong and varied portfolio of offerings in pre-med coursework, as well as our highly personalized approach to teaching and advising, makes us a great choice for pre-med students. This premium track will allow us to take our service and expectation for serious pre-med students to the next level.
As a part of the Pre-Med Premium track, students will receive guidance in setting the right goals and priorities to follow a path to success.
- Enhanced opportunities for clinical experience and student/faculty research
- Online mentoring with The College of St. Scholastica graduates currently enrolled in medical school (available with junior class standing)
- Invitations to seminars featuring high-profile professionals in the medical field
- Focused pre-med advisement
- Direct involvement with The College of St. Scholastica Pre-Med Advisory Board
- Intensive medical school interview practice
- Review of personal statement for medical school applications
- One MCAT registration fee covered by The College of St. Scholastica
Required Qualifications for the Pre-Med Premium Track
New First Year Students
- 28 or higher ACT and 3.8 or higher cumulative GPA
- Cumulative Index Score (CNX) of 84.3 or higher
- Transfer GPA 0f 3.75 or higher for those with at least 16 transferrable credits upon enrollment.
- Students with transfer GPA lower than 3.75 may apply to the track after completing the following CSS courses; General Biology I and II (BIO1110, BIO1120) and General Chemistry I and II (CHM1110 and CHM1120) with a 3.75 GPA .
- Students with less than 16 total transfer credits will follow the same guidelines as new first year students (see above).
Currently Enrolled Students
- Minimum GPA of 3.7 in the following CSS courses General Biology I and II (BIO1110, BIO1120) and General Chemistry I and II (CHM1110 and CHM1120).
Maintaining Premium Track Status
- Students will be evaluated at the end of each academic year against pre-determined minimum GPA standards.
Recent CSS alums have been admitted to the following medical schools:
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine-Duluth
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine-Minneapolis
- Mayo Medical School
- Stritch School of Medicine (Loyola University)
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Oregon Health and Science University
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- University of North Dakota
- Tulane University
- Des Moines University of Osteopathic Medicine
- Boston University
- Florida State University
- University of Arizona - Phoenix