In the event of a minor or major utility failure occurring during normal business hours ( 7:30 a.m.- 4 p.m.) Monday - Friday, immediately contact the Facilities Services Department at extension 6106.
If there is potential danger to building occupants or if the utility failure occurs after hours, weekends, or holidays, notify campus security immediately at extension 6175.
Provide the following information:
4. In the event of a campus wide electrical failure, phones and computers may not work for a short period of time until power is restored.
5. During power failures, areas that do not have sufficient natural light to clearly see exit corridors, exit stairs, or exit doors should be evacuated while emergency lights are still on. Emergency lighting is temporary.
6. Provide assistance to students, staff, faculty, and visitors in your immediate area.
7. Assist disabled person(S) in exiting the building. If these persons are unable to use the stair call campus security at extension 6175.
8. Electrical power failure procedures:
The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811