Important spring semester updates
Key messages to know
- Spring semester classes begin January 19
- Campuses will be operating in a hybrid format just as the fall semester started
- Classes will be held in their scheduled formats (in-person, online or hybrid as determined by the departments)
- Residence halls will be open
- We will have a 2-week quiet period at the beginning of the semester that will limit in-person student activities and visitors in the residence halls
Spring dates for no classes
There will be no classes on the following dates (in lieu of spring break), administrative offices will be open:
- Tuesday, Feb. 16
- Thursday, Feb. 25
- Wednesday, March 3
- Tuesday, March 16
- Friday, March 19
- Monday, April 12
Complete updates from the College for the spring semester are available in the Community Updates.
Here is information for current faculty and staff members about our SaintsRiseUp Safe Return plan, including health and safety details.
Employee Reopening Plan
Here is our Employee Reopening Plan. This plan may change as circumstances and guidance warrant. The most recent version of the Employee Reopening Plan will always be posted here.
The plan contains links to forms such as requesting continued remote work, telecommuting applications, travel forms and visitors on campus forms. Please review the plan as soon as possible.
f you have questions about anything in the reopening plan, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall courses will be virtual after Thanksgiving break with the exception of those requiring in-person work due to accreditation
- Spring classes will proceed as planned in a hybrid format with a modification to the break schedule
- Classrooms have been reconfigured to comply with 6-foot physical distancing between individuals
- Masks/face coverings are required to be worn by students, faculty, and staff in all classrooms and public spaces. The Center for Equal Access will provide face shields for faculty who have Deaf/hard of hearing students in their classes.
- All classrooms have hand sanitizer stations and cleaning supplies
- All meetings (e.g. advising, department, etc.) should be conducted via remote technology (e.g. Zoom) unless in-person work is required
- An approval process for holding events on campus will be required to ensure a COVID-19 safety plan is in place and the programming meets safety standards. Submit event requests here.
- Travel during the fall semester is strongly discouraged. College-sponsored international and domestic travel is currently suspended
- The Facilities Team, working closely with the Registrar's Office, has reconfigured classroom and lab spaces for usage that follows physical distancing best practices of 6 feet between students
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed in all classrooms
- Health and safety signage has been placed around campus buildings, and is available in facilities for departments that need them
- Bottles of sanitizer and paper towels are available in classrooms and common areas, as well as for departmental use
Health and Safety
- Student Health Service (SHS) staff worked closely with Essentia Health, Mayo Clinic, the University of Minnesota and the Minnesota Department of Health to create processes and gather supplies and resources for COVID-19 testing of students and employees. Campus housing has been designated for isolation and quarantine
- SHS will perform telephone triage for appointments. No walk-ins are available.
Current CDC and MDH guidelines are in effect. The dining rooms have been reconfigured for safety, enhanced sanitation procedures are in place, to-go options are available at every location to encourage social distancing, and employees are screened on a daily basis. Employees have completed COVID-19 Safety Training.