Here is information for current faculty and staff members about our SaintsRiseUp Safe Return plan, including health and safety details.
Employee Reopening Plan
Here is our Employee Reopening Plan. This plan may change as circumstances and guidance warrant. The most recent version of the Employee Reopening Plan will always be posted here.
The plan contains links to forms such as requesting continued remote work, telecommuting applications, travel forms and visitors on campus forms. Note that the form to request continued remote work has a submission deadline of July 28. Please review the plan as soon as possible.
If you have questions about anything in the reopening plan, please contact HR at email@example.com.
- Faculty contracts for the 2020-2021 academic year commence on Aug. 26, 2020. Faculty will participate in remote professional development, planning, and Faculty Staff Institute.
- Fall courses are scheduled as planned, with classes starting on Tuesday, Sept. 8
- A phased return for staff members based on roles is currently under development.
- Courses will be offered via remote learning or hybrid (in-person and online) delivery methods.
- Classrooms will comply with 6-foot physical distancing between individuals.
- Masks/face coverings will be worn in all classrooms and public spaces by students, faculty, and staff. The Center for Equal Access will provide face shields for faculty who have Deaf/hard of hearing students in their classes.
- All classrooms will include hand sanitizer stations and cleaning supplies.
- All meetings (e.g. advising, department, etc.) should be conducted via remote technology (e.g. Zoom) unless in-person work is required.
- An approval process for holding events on campus will be required to ensure the programming meets safety standards.
- We are strongly discouraging travel during the fall semester. Protocols are being developed and will be communicated.
- The fall semester schedule is subject to change in response to COVID-19 circumstances.
- The Facilities Team has been working to evaluate classroom and lab spaces and is working directly with the Registrar's Office for usage that follows physical distancing best practices of 6 feet between students.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be installed in all classrooms.
- Health and safety signage will be placed around campus buildings, and will be available in the Copy Center for departments that need them.
- Bottles of sanitizer and paper towels will be available in classrooms and common areas, as well as for departmental use.
Health and Safety
- Student Health Service (SHS) staff is working with Essentia Health, Mayo Clinic, University of Minnesota and the Minnesota Department of Health to create processes and gather supplies and resources for COVID-19 testing of students and employees. Campus housing has been designated for isolation and quarantine.
- SHS staff is following CDC guidelines for repopulating the Campus Fall 2020.
- SHS will perform telephone triage for appointments. No walk-ins available.
Current CDC and MDH guidelines will be in effect. The dining rooms have been reconfigured for safety, enhanced sanitation procedures are in place, to-go options will be available at every location to encourage social distancing and employees are screened on a daily basis. Employees will also undergo COVID-19 Safety Training prior to their return to work.