These are the official guidelines for social media at The College of St. Scholastica. If you're creating or contributing to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs, or any other kind of social media these guidelines are for you. We expect all who participate in social media on behalf of The College of St. Scholastica to read through and follow the guidelines. If you do not follow the guidelines you will be asked to stop your participation and your content will be eliminated.
If you participate in social media, please follow these guidelines:
- Our policy is to achieve brand consistency, which includes logo selection and naming conventions. Please work with the marketing department to find a solution that works best for you and the College.
- Be yourself and state your connection to The College of St. Scholastica - Use your real name and identify how you are connected to The College of St. Scholastica.
- Never represent yourself or The College of St. Scholastica in a false or misleading way.
- Stick to your area of expertise and provide exclusive, individual perspectives on what's going on at The College of St. Scholastica.
- Post meaningful, respectful comments- no offensive or discriminatory content can be posted.
- Ask permission to publish content that is meant to be private/internal to The College of St. Scholastica.
- Do not comment or post content related to topics considered as a crisis situation.
- Always re-read your posts and think about the content before posting it.
- Respond to comments as soon as possible when a response is appropriate.
- When disagreeing with others posts make sure to be appropriate and civil.
- Respect others confidentiality.
- If you make a mistake admit it quickly with the correction.
- Follow The College of St. Scholastica's guiding documents.
Social media account proposal
Interested in setting up a Facebook, Twitter or other social account? Before you get started, please contact your marketing planner. They can guide you through the process and provide insight and resources you may not have in your department. Not sure who your marketing planner is? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.