Photo Usage Suggestions and Best Practices
- All photographers, videographers, copywriters, designers or others that are hired by the College to produce creative content should be required to sign an agreement which releases the complete rights of all material(s) produced to the College.
- All models used for promotional projects (whether compensated or not) should sign the College’s Photo and Multimedia Release Form.
- It is not necessary for signatures to be to witnessed or notarized.
- Individual subjects that appear in a large group (such as a crowd shot at a sporting event) and are not isolated or made to stand out individually do NOT need to a sign the Photo and Multimedia Release Form for the group photo to be published.
- If an individual or small group of individuals is isolated or made to stand out from a crowd (even at a public event) in either pre- or post-editing, that person or persons should sign the College’s Photo and Multimedia Release Form.