If you are reading this article, you are well on your way to supporting good internal communication within the CSS community. However, please read on to get all the details about our new internal communication process and be sure to share this information with your colleagues who might be less Cor savvy!
Recap of internal communication changes
Access to Faculty, Staff and Student Group - the emails that go directly to each community member inbox - has been reserved for the Office of the President, President's Staff and emergency/crisis personnel to send urgent messages that apply to faculty, staff or students at all CSS college campuses.
Faculty/Staff Bulletin and Student Bulletin (the daily digest of CSS-oriented announcements) have moved into Cor,
the College's community portal.
For the time being Faculty/Staff and Student Community (the daily digest of personal- and community-oriented announcements) will remain in Gmail for now, however, Community email will also move into Cor at a later date.
The goal of these changes is create a new internal communication process that respects the amount and types of email message ALL members of our community want and need and utilize the power of Cor as our internal community communication engine.
How to submit internal community announcements, news and events
A new internal communication submission page has been created to help you
determine the best way to promote your event, news or announcement and
submit it on the spot.
To use the new submission page go to
Note: there will also be direct links within Cor and on css.edu to access
the submission page.
The page currently offers four options:
1. Targeted Announcement (CSS Need to Know)
3. Community (CSS and Community-at-large Nice to Know)
4. News Feature
How to view internal community announcements, news and events
1. Targeted "Need to Know" Announcement will appear in Cor in the Upper
left column under the Announcements headline
2. Events will appear in calendar located in the right column of the Cor Welcome page, the css.edu master Web calendar and various pages throughout css.edu
3. Community "Nice to Know" Announcements will remain in Gmail until the Community section in Cor is released.
4. News Features may appear in the Welcome Section of Cor, social media, various pages within css.edu or be pitched to local or national media.
Technical notes and how to send feedback
As technology evolves so does our internal communication processes. We are working on new features in Cor that will support and enhance internal communication among our community. We are also working on features that will enhance internal communication access via mobile devices.
If you have questions, concerns or suggestions, please contact:
Bob Ashenmacher at email@example.com