Follow the steps below to setup your DTSecure USB flash drive
1. Insert the USB flash drive into a USB slot of your computer.
2. In a few moments, a Windows message will pop up saying "Windows has finished installing a new device...... and you must reboot". Choose NO and continue on.
3. A window will pop up and ask you to select a language. English is the default, Choose Next.
4. Read and accept the license agreement. Click "Accept" and Choose Next.
5. Create a strong password. The password must contain a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Enter a hint about your password in to the Hint field if you think you will need a hint. Choose Next.
A data safety feature of this type of USB drive is it will erase the data on the USB drive if the wrong password is entered 8 or more times. This feature prevents someone from accessing your information on the USB flash drive by trying to guess the password. After the 8th failed attempt the USB flash drive will be formatted and all data stored on it erased. The USB flash drive will also be formatted if you forget your password and need to reset it. For this reason, it is imperative that you both remember your password AND store your data in a second location, ideally on either the K: or R: drives.
6. Fill out the contact information form. It is strongly suggested that you complete the form in case you lose the USB flash drive. This is the only information on the drive that someone else will be able to see if the device is found.
7. Click Finish
8. You are now ready to use the USB flash drive.
Notice a new yellow and red icon in the system tray down near the clock, this will appear whenever the USB flash drive is plugged in. Click on this icon once and a menu will open. Choices include
DTSecure Privacy Settings - Change password, change contact information or language settings.
Browse DTSecure - Opens up a Windows explorer interface for the USB flash drive.
Format DTSecure - Erases all data on the USB flash drive and allows you to reset your password.
Shutdown DTSecure - Do this when you want to remove the USB flash drive from your computer without shutting down the computer first.