Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology, was founded in 1929 with a mission of recognizing and promoting excellence in the science and application of psychology. Psi Chi is one of the largest honor societies in the United States, having more than 1,150 chapters. Check out the official Psi Chi website here.
The mission of Psi Chi is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
In pursuit of the mission, we will:
1. Advance the science and profession of psychology
2. Promote an educational experience consistent with the mission
3. Promote ethical and socially responsible members and leaders
4. Define and establish an organizational structure that promotes our mission
5. Recognize and foster the contributions that diversity makes to the science and practice of psychology
To join the CSS Chapter of Psi Chi, you must meet or exceed the following requirements:
1. Be declared as a psych major or minor
2. Be classified as at least a 2nd semester sophomore with courses completed (i.e., have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time coursework)
3. Have completed at least 9 semester hours in psychology coursework (i.e., 9 credits)
4. Have at least a 3.0 overall GPA that is in the top 35% of your class (sophomore, junior, or senior)
5. Have a 3.0 or higher in psych GPA
6. Pay one lifetime membership fee ($55) after you are approved to join
Advantages of Psi Chi membership include but not limited to:
1. International recognition and lifetime membership
2. Appealing to graduate school and job applications
3. Ability to apply for Psi Chi awards and grants
4. Opportunities to participate in professional development activities
Psi Chi Spring 2020 application process is exclusively online. To complete an application, go to the application site and select APPLY NOW.
All Spring 2020 applications are due Sunday, March 1st. You will receive a decision letter via email about two weeks after the deadline. If you have any questions, please contact the Psi Chi advisor, Dr. Hsin-Mei Sun (email@example.com).