Practicum in Transcultural Nursing in Belize
Practicum in Transcultural Nursing in Belize | Winter Break
Would you like to participate in an adventure of a lifetime? How would it be to get involved in something bigger than yourself? What would you think of going someplace else - and helping out?
Think about going to Belize!
- Explore global health and its meaning and importance to the professional nurse.
- Develop an understanding of the culture of poverty in relation to the individual, family, and community.
- Identify common issues and needs affecting the health of selected rural third world people utilizing transcultural nursing models.
- Understand current methods of healing and healthcare intervention in the host country.
- Explore the dynamics of self determination and empowerment through a sustainable social and economic development model.
- Provide care to individuals and families in the host country.
- Explore the role of the nurse as a healthcare advocate and teacher for Individuals and families in the host country.
St. Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize
NSG 4777 - Transcultural Nursing, 2 credits
$3,400.00 plus spending money
Check this page for deadlines, due dates and additional information as the trip approaches.