1. Create an account by going to www.citiprogram.org.
2. Click "Register" to begin setting up your CITI Program account. Do not click "Log in through my institution."
3. Search for and select The College of St. Scholastica as your institution; click the box agreeing to terms of service and the box confirming you are affiliated with CSS;
4. Follow the prompts for name and email address;
5. Follow the prompts to create a username and password, security question and answer;
6. Provide the requested demographic information;
7. For the Continuing Education Credit questions, you can answer "no";
8. Provide the additional information requested by CITI Program;
9. CITI Program will send an activation link to your email address. Click the link to complete the registration process;
10. Upon log in, you will be directed to your CITI Program home page. To find the correct course, click "Add a Course."
11. Choose the appropriate course. There are two options, basic and refresher. Student and faculty researchers who have taken a research ethics training tutorial within the previous three years may select the refresher course. Students and faculty who are taking a research ethics course for the first time should take the basic course. Select either "Human Subjects Training: Biomedical Research" or "Human Subjects Training: Social Behavioral-Educational Research" as your Learner Group. Most investigators at The College of St. Scholastica will complete the Human Subjects Training: Social-Behavioral-Educational Research course.
12. After completing all the modules in your course, download and save a copy of your certificate of completion as you will need to include this with your other materials when applying to the IRB.