National Center for Computer Science Education
The National Center for Computer Science Education provides support in creating equitable CS education opportunities to K16 educators and students through the following programs:
- Certificate in Computer Science Education — An online graduate, education certificate for in-service teachers with four courses: Computational Thinking, Computer Science Principles, Java, and CS Methods & Capstone. K12 teachers across the United States complete the certificate to further their understanding of CS, to integrate CS in other courses, to teach standalone CS courses, and to meet CS licensure requirements for their state.
- Mobile CSP (Computer Science Principles) — Curriculum and professional development for high school teachers offering the new AP Computer Science Principles course. Mobile CSP is endorsed by the College Board.
- CS Awesome (Computer Science A) - Curriculum and professional development for high school teachers offering the AP Computer Science A course. CS Awesome is being piloted in 2019-20 and will be open to all teachers
- TeachCS — Revising pre-service education programs to include computational thinking and computer science to future educators.
- Undergraduate CIS — Infusing best practices in pedagogy and support to recruit and retain underrepresented students in the Computer Information Systems major.
- Minor in Computer Science Education (in progress) — An undergraduate minor designed for pre-service teachers, including CIS and EDU courses.
- Minnesota ECEP Alliance (in progress) — The goal of the ECEP Alliance is to help states improve access to quality computing education and pursue systemic change at the state level that will result in more diverse students pursuing educational paths in computer science. NCCSE will coordinate ECEP efforts in Minnesota, beginning Fall 2018.
Connect with the National Center for Computer Science Education and our programs at these events:
- September 11-13, 2019: CSEdCon, Las Vegas, NV
- October 10, 2019: National Indian Education Association Conference, Minneapolis, MN
- October 21-23, 2019: CSforAll Summit, Salt Lake City, UT
- October 26, 2019: CSTA NE Regional Conference
- March 27, 2020: CT4CS Summit, Hartford, CT
- April 25, 2020: STEAM Expo, Hartford, CT
- May 16, 2020: MN Codes Summit, Minneapolis, MN
- June 22-24, 2020: WeTeach_CS Summit, Georgetown, TX
- July 11-15, 2020: CSTA Annual Conference, Arlington, VA
Interested in partnering with the NCCSE to bring CS education to your organization or in collaborating on a research project? Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Detailed program overview
- Personalized financial aid
- Individual admissions support
- Jennifer Rosato, Director
- Chery Lucarelli, Facilitator of Educational Innovation
- Cassandra Broneak, Research Associate
- Francisco Cervantes, Program Manager
- Renee Fall, Senior Research Scholar
- Pauline Lake, Curriculum & Professional Development Coordinator
- Alexis Wyss, Administrative Assistant