Members of the string ensemble
St. Scholastica's String Orchestra and Chamber Ensembles will perform waltzes and other dance music during a concert at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17 in the Mitchell Auditorium.
Professor of Music Penny Schwarze, who is helping organize the concert, said the program will span a variety of time periods.
"We'll be playing dance music from the Renaissance through the 20th century," she said. Selections will include a waltz by Tchaikovsky and a polka by Strauss. A guitar duet will feature a sampling of Beethoven.
Tickets are $5. For more information, contact the Spotlight box office at email@example.com or 218-723-7000.
The rest of the 2016 Music Department concert schedule includes:
- Rock Show 5: The Forgettable "Unforgettables," 7:30 p.m. Nov. 19;
- O Holy Night with the St. Scholastica Concert Choir, Bella Voce and Women's Choir, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9 and 10, St. Michael's Church, 4901 E. Superior St., Duluth
- CSS Choirs at Home, 7:30 p.m. March 2
- Still I Rise: Songs of Struggle and Strength with the women's choirs of St. Scholastica and four guest Minnesota colleges, 3:30 p.m. April 8
- A Cappella Potpourri, with Vocal Revolution, 7:30 p.m. April 21;
- Island Hopping with the Saints Percussion Ensembles, 7:30 p.m. April 22;
- Legends and Heroes: Epic music from the St. Scholastica Concert Band and Jazz Ensemble, 7:30 p.m. April 25;
- Spring Serenade with the String Orchestra and Chamber Ensembles, 7:30 p.m. April 27;
- Equilibrium, with the St. Scholastica choirs, 7:30 p.m. April 28.