Financial Aid

The Financial Aid office at St. Scholastica is part of OneStop Student Services.

As you may have already discovered, OneStop Student Services will be an important resource for you in your college career. It can provide you with timely information, guidance and access to financial aid resources so that you can achieve your educational goals. Through OneStop Student Services, you can:

How do I get started?

The first thing you will need to do, if you have not done so already, is to fill out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Any student interested in applying for federal and state aid (grants and loans) needs to fill out the FAFSA. Visit to complete your FAFSA (CSS FAFSA Code: 002343). This needs to be done each year.

Once you have completed your FAFSA, you will receive an award letter from the Financial Aid office, detailing the types and amounts of funding you are eligible for. This includes loans, CSS scholarships and grants and federal and state funding.

What is Professional Judgment?

There are times when extreme extenuating circumstances have an impact on your financial status and are not reflected in the FAFSA, such as a loss of income, extreme medical expenses, separation, divorce or death of a spouse or parent, etc. Through a Professional Judgement the Financial Aid Office will review your circumstances, and possibly adjust your award based on their findings. To be considered for a Professional Judgment, you will need to complete a Professional Judgment Request Form after you receive your award letter, and include all necessary documentation.

Where can I find more information?

If you would like more information on financial resources that may be available to you, how to apply for aid, or if you have questions regarding how to pay for your education, you can visit the Financial Aid website or contact:

OneStop Student Services
Tower Hall Room 1130
(218) 723-6590 or (877) 287-8716

Student loans

You may be eligible for several types of education loans (i.e. Perkins, Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Stafford and alternative loans.) These are indicated on your Financial Aid Award Letter. You should first consider loans that do not accrue interest while enrolled at least half-time -- such as subsidized Stafford, Nursing and Perkins loans.

If you wish to apply for a loan, please visit the OneStop Student Services tab in Cor and follow the prompts. Keep in mind that you can only apply for loans that appear on your Financial Aid Award letter.

Student employment

Student employment is a need-based program that students may be eligible to participate in. Completion of the FAFSA is required and students will be made aware of eligibility on their Financial Aid Award Letter.

Freshman transfer students may work a maximum of 10 hours per week. Sophomores and up may work a maximum of 20 hours per week. A list of job opportunities will be handed out at your orientation session and may include positions such as athletic assistants, campus operators, tour guides, etc.

BACK  Back Button                                   Next ButtonNEXT


Site Map