Applying to the CLEAN program
Note: Acceptance to The College of St. Scholastica is independent of the CLEAN Program. Although CLEAN staff members may advocate for you and your acceptance to the college, the admissions process is facilitated by the admissions staff and your acceptance depends on whether or not you meet the admissions requirements.
- Be accepted to The College of St. Scholastica. More information about this process.
- Actively pursue a recovery program and maintain a minimum of three months of continuous sobriety
- Schedule an interview with a staff member of the CLEAN Program by calling the office number (218) 723-6527 or emailing Ben Bertsch at Bbertsch@css.edu. Note: Telephone interviews are available only to applicants who live a considerable distance from Duluth, Minn.
- Complete interview questionnaire online
- Submit 2-3 letters of recommendation (pdf)
- Review the CLEAN Student Agreement (pdf) with a staff member and sign
- If your sobriety date changes after your interview, inform CLEAN staff of the relapse. We will work with you if you still want to participate in CLEAN