- An exploratory program for students who plan to attend The College of St. Scholastica, but have not yet decided what major/career field to pursue.
- Assistance is individualized to each student’s needs.
- Through use of the Campbell Skills and Interest Inventory and the Minnesota Careers Information System, students are able to recognize their unique skills, talents and abilities and identify a career path or paths that would be a good fit for them.
- Students enjoy many onsite resources, including access to a complete careers library, which contains comprehensive information about hundreds of career fields.
- Students even have the opportunity to “shadow” working professionals on the job, to learn firsthand about a particular career.
- Trained professionals provide personal guidance to assist students in making this important decision. These include faculty members, academic advisors and career counselors.
- Students are encouraged to explore possible academic majors and career paths by taking courses from a variety of disciplines.
The Deciding Major program is intended to provide students with the tools and resources they need to realistically assess their abilities and interests so they may ultimately select an appropriate and enjoyable academic major that will lead to a life of fulfillment and purpose.