The baccalaureate nursing program at The College of St. Scholastica is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, D.C. 20036, (202) 887-6791.
$405 / credit*
RN to BS Online Nursing Track
This tuition rate is in effect for the 2013-2014 academic year. Tuition rate is subject to change in subsequent years.
*Total program cost varies and is dependent on transfer credits and individualized program plan.
Admission Requirements and Checklist
All applicants to the R.N. to B.S. Online Nursing Track of the baccalaureate nursing program will need to fulfill the following requirements before the start of the program:
- Current registered nurse license from at least one state; eligibility for licensure in Minnesota
- Associate's degree with a major in nursing from an accredited college
- Meet our general education requirements; or have earned an Associate of Arts degree or previous B.A. or B.S. degree; or meet the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum requirements
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Three to six months of experience as a registered nurse required to complete the Portfolio credits
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse. (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please order early - transcripts can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive. If you are currently attending college, a final official transcript will also be required after grades are posted. Mail transcripts for receipt on or before the deadline to:
- College transcripts from all colleges that you have attended and/or from which you received financial aid
- High school transcripts, if you have no college credit, or you took three full years of high school foreign language.
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application. You will need to use an updated browser, preferably Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
- Submit state and license number for current registered nursing license from at least one state.
- If you have international transcripts or noncitizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the International Admissions Policy for complete details.
- Discuss financing your education with the Financial Aid Office early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and the admissions decision.
Summer: May 2
Summer mid-term: June 20
Fall: Aug. 15
Fall mid-term: Oct. 10
Spring: Dec. 15
Spring mid-term: Feb. 21
Upon acceptance into the R.N. to B.S. Nursing Track and before taking the Community Health Clinical course, students will need to:
- Submit Decision Response Form
- Submit Release of Information Form
- Submit Health History and Physical Exam Form
- Submit proof of coverage by professional liability insurance ($1 million for each occurence)
- Annually pass a state-mandated criminal background check
- Submit a copy of CPR certification that includes expiration date
Our Financial Aid office can help you find ways to pay for your education. From grants, loans and scholarships to employer reimbursement and discounts, there are many ways to finance your education.