$405 / credit*
B.S. Health Information Management
This tuition rate is in effect for the 2014-2015 academic year. Tuition rate is subject to change in subsequent years.
*Total program cost varies and is dependent on transfer credits and individualized program plan.
Admission Requirements and Checklist
High school diploma or GED
Cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 for entrance into the college
Cumulative GPA of at least 2.7 for entrance into the program
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse. (email to email@example.com)
- College transcripts from all colleges that you have attended and/or from which you received financial aid
- High school transcripts, if you have no college credit, or you took three full years of high school foreign language.
- Please order early - transcripts can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive. If you are currently attending college, a final official transcript will be required after grades are posted. Mail transcripts for receipt on or before the deadline to:
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application. You will need to use an updated browser, preferably Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
- Upload a 250-500 word Statement of Interest (pdf or word format) that is typed and double spaced using 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins to include the following discussion points:
- What life and/or work experience leads you to pursue a degree in Health Information Management?
- Why choose an online program for your bachelor's degree?
- What are your career goals and how will a bachelor's degree in HIM support your goals?
- Enter contact information for two references who have observed and evaluated your leadership competencies and abilities. At least one recommendation should be from someone who can speak to the applicant's academic qualifications. These individuals will receive an email request to complete an online recommendation form, with an optional letter upload. The subject of the email will include "Please submit your recommendation for *First Name *Last Name".
- If you have international transcripts or non-citizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the International Admissions Policy for complete details.
- Applicant may be asked to participate in a telephone interview.
- Discuss financing your education with OneStop early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and the admissions decision.
Early submission is encouraged; applications are reviewed as they are completed. Applications completed after the following deadlines will be submitted for the subsequent term.
Fall: Aug. 5
Fall mid-term: Sept. 30
Spring: Dec. 9
Spring mid-term: Feb. 17
Summer: April 21
Submit Decision Response Form