$405 / credit*
This tuition rate is in effect for the 2014-2015 academic year. Tuition rate is subject to change in subsequent years.
*Total program cost varies and is dependent on transfer credits and individualized program plan.
Admission Requirements and Checklist
High school diploma or GED
Cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 for entrance into the college
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission. The College may still consider applicants with a lower GPA through a special status committee; contact an admissions counselor to learn more.
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse. (email to email@example.com)
- College transcripts from all colleges that you have attended and/or from which you received financial aid
- High school transcripts, if you have no college credit, or you took three full years of high school foreign language.
- Please order early - transcripts can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive. If you are currently attending college, a final official transcript also will be required after grades are posted. Mail transcripts for receipt on or before the deadline to:
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application. You will need to use an updated browser, preferably Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
- Upload the Educational Goals Essay (pdf or word)
The admissions essay should represent your highest level of academic writing and demonstrate your ability to participate in a rigorous, fast-paced, accelerated academic program.
Prepare a 500-word essay, typed and double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins, answering the following:
- What life experiences are prompting you to pursue a bachelor of arts degree?
- What personal characteristics and skills do you bring to your educational experience that would contribute to your success in our program?
- What are your career goals?
- Why did you choose The College of St. Scholastica for your studies?
- If you have international transcripts or non-citizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the International Admissions Policy for complete details.
- Discuss financing your education with OneStop early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and the admissions decision.
Two weeks before each term start. Refer to the Academic Calendar for start dates. This program follows the nontraditional schedule.
Most modern computers will meet our minimum technology requirements.
Complete the Decision Response Form
There are many options for financing your education, from grants, loans and scholarships to discounts and employer reimbursement. Visit our Financial Aid section for more information.