Post-master's DNP | Online
FAST FACTS: Post-master's Doctor of Nursing Practice
Leadership skills that are in demand. The flexibility that you demand.
The post-master's Doctor of Nursing Practice provides advanced practice nurses with the leadership, change management and systems design knowledge necessary to be a leader in the healthcare industry. Our program has a particular emphasis on rural healthcare and the unique needs of rural healthcare systems.
This program builds upon the training and experience you have gained as an advanced practice nurse. If you do not yet hold advanced-practice certification, see our B.S. to DNP program.
Our curriculum focuses on the following:
- Scientific underpinnings for practice
- Organizational and system leadership for quality improvement and systems thinking
- Clinical scholarship and analytical methods for evidence-based practice
- Information system/technology and patient care technology for the improvement and transformation of health care
- Health care policy for advocacy in health care
- Inter-professional collaboration for improving patient and population health outcomes
- Clinical prevention and population health for improving the nation's health
As heathcare costs continue to increase, DNPs and other advanced practice nurses are taking the place of other medical professionals. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that all types of advanced practice nurses will be in high demand, particularly in rural and inner city areas.
By 2015, the DNP will be the entry-level degree for advanced practice nurses. By completing your DNP degree now, you'll be prepared and credentialed for where nursing is headed.
In addition, advanced oractuce registered nurses (APRNs) at St. Scholastica, like others across the country, are working to eliminate the barriers to autonomous practice, something called for in the Institute of Medicine's Future of Nursing report.
Contact UsChad Oppelt
Recruitment Counselor, Graduate & Extended Studies