Master of Education
FAST FACTS: Master of Education
- Ranked in top quarter of schools nationwide by U.S. News & World Report as a "Best Online Education Program;" highest ranking of all MN and WI schools
- Elective credits can be used to simultaneously earn a Certificate in Online Instruction or Education Technology
- 100% online format; finish in as little as two years
- Competitively priced tuition
Making the best job on earth even better
Teaching is one of the most important and most fulfilling careers. But that doesn't mean it's easy! As teaching changes and more technology is used successfully in the classroom, keeping current can be a challenge.
The Master of Education degree (M.Ed) program at The College of St. Scholastica is a fully online degree program for practicing teachers and other education professionals. The program engages learners to reflect upon their teaching practices to improve student learning and address critical issues in today's schools.
We prepare "21st century teachers" who are both familiar and comfortable with the technology of the modern classroom. Learners will also acquire new strategies for using data and research to impact their classrooms.
National recognition. Individual attention.
U.S. News & World Report ranked our M.Ed program
as the best of its kind in Minnesota and Wisconsin and among
the best Master of Education programs in the nation.
Three elective options
St. Scholastica's Master of Education program offers students 3 concentration options to fulfill their elective requirements:
- Educational Technology (certificate awarded)
- Online Instruction (certificate awarded)
- Professional Studies (focus electives on your interests)
Online learning isn't independent learning at St. Scholastica. We've applied a cohort model to our M.Ed., which means you'll move through the program with the same group of colleagues. We've also implemented a host of technologies to help bridge the gap between the computer and the classroom.
An online advisor is assigned to you at the beginning of the program and stays with you until you graduate. Your online advisor is available to answer questions and offer support.
Other student resources
- Wimba Classroom is a fully functional virtual classroom that allows you to participate in live discussions with other students, attend online lectures, and much more.
- A 24-hour help desk means that you'll never struggle alone with an uncooperative computer.
- Instant messaging and discussion boards enable virtual class discussions.
Other support services, including Atomic Learning and SMARTHINKING, help you master important software and provide online tutoring support to make sure you have help when you need it.
Federal loan forgiveness programs for teachers
The U.S. Department of Education offers loan forgiveness programs for teachers. The program requires teachers to work in school districts that serve low-income students for five consecutive academic years and offers up to $17,500 in loan forgiveness for Federal Stafford loans.
I am thrilled with the program and have learned so much that has enhanced my abilities as a teacher.
Everyone I have dealt with at St. Scholastica has been friendly and helpful. I love that all the classes are online because my classwork fits into my life, instead of my life fitting into a class schedule.
Master of Education student
Everything has been
so impressively well done.
I try and tell family and
friends about the quality
of this program and find
I am not able to convey
Master of Education student