The bachelor's and master's degree programs at The College of St. Scholastica are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
M.S. HIM/ITL Joint Program | Online
FAST FACTS: M.S. HIM/ITL
- Hands-on experience. Our Academic Electronic Health Record (AEHR) uses real, anonymized patient data to give you the hands-on experience you need to succeed in the job market.
- Best practice methodologies. We teach techniques and skills that have been proven to be successful in the business world.
- Primarily online program, with two onsite sessions. An on-campus retreat-like setting provides an invaluable opportunity to meet and interact with fellow students, professionals and faculty
- Competitively priced tuition
Lead technical teams. Use healthcare data effectively.
The HIM/IT Leadership joint program prepares industry professionals to facilitate the transition, implementation and management of health information systems, helping them lead their organization into the future of health care. This program encourages critical thinking and analysis while promoting effective and ethical leadership skills.
Growing demand for electronic medical records has led to tremendous change in the healthcare industry. Healthcare organizations are investing significant resources in information technologies, and need people who not only understand the health information field, but also have the management skills to lead the organization through the use of information technology.
Graduates of our HIM/ITL program are able to:
- Integrate advanced knowledge in healthcare, information management and technology.
- Lead and manage IT, HIM and healthcare professionals while establishing a collaborative culture that combines administrative, clinical and technological decision making and strategic planning.
- Analyze, design and implement IT and information management solutions that address organizational needs while improving the overall quality of care for the healthcare industry.
Online Admissions Counselor