Nursing Informatics | Online
Using information to improve patient care. And your career.
With the advent of Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, the amount of patient data available to nurses and other healthcare providers is increasing dramatically. Effectively storing, retrieving, managing and transforming patient data has the potential to make a dramatic difference in patient outcomes.
As these skills become more critical for nurses, hospitals, clinics and other employers are looking for informatics experience in newly graduated and experienced nurses. A Nursing Informatics Certificate can help make sure you're the one hired or promoted.
A 20% larger return on your investment
We believe in the importance of nursing informatics and have made an institutional commitment to increasing nurses' skills in this area.
And now, we're pleased to announce a 20% tuition discount for our nursing informatics certificate!
100% online, from a leader in nursing and HIM
St. Scholastica has been a leader in both the nursing and HIM fields for more than 75 years. This 100% online certificate brings these two areas of expertise together in one useful certificate.
A focus on usability
Nurses need to access patient information at the point of care, and it is often unused if it is too complicated for nurses to easily retrieve. Our Nursing Informatics Certificate focuses on making informatics usable by showing you how to apply best practices to systems and daily processes.
This certificate also offers an in-depth study of the following:
- Computerized health information systems
- Knowledge management
- Consumer healthcare
- Data management and other informatics
- 18 credits over six courses
- 100% online
- Includes an optional 3.5 credit practicum (required for eligibility for American Nurses Credentialing Center Certification in Informatics Nursing)
- Individualized, student-centered advisement
- Three- and five-semester options for greater flexibility
Visit our admissions requirements page for full details on how to apply for the Nursing Informatics certificate.
- Incorporate theories, principles and concepts from appropriate sciences into informatics practice and research to improve health outcomes.
- Describe the design, implementation, analysis and evaluation of informatics solutions to support patients, nurses, and other providers in their decision-making.
- Integrate social, legal, regulatory, and ethical standards into an informatics solution for nursing and health care.
- Promote the utilization of data, information, and knowledge management in health care.
Speak to an Admissions Counselor today!
(866) 211-2337 or