B.A./B.S. Computer Science/Computer Information Systems
- Preparation for work in a wide variety of IT-related careers
- Focus your concentration in healthcare or management
- 100% online format, complete the program in less than three years (no transfer credits) or less than two years (with transfer credits)
- Competitively priced tuition
Earn a degree that leads to a full spectrum of
We live in the age of the computer. Virtually every industry is impacted by computers, including health care, manufacturing, entertainment, transportation and retail sales. Computers have driven each of these industries to be more efficient and more effective. As computing technology becomes more and more deeply intertwined within our lives, the demand for skilled IT professionals will only increase.
The 100% online Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems offers students a flexible and convenient path into this rapidly evolving career. Graduates of the program will be skilled in the following areas:
- Analysis, design and construction of solutions to simple and complex problems.
- Evaluation, selection and application of methods and software tools to meet organizational needs.
- Communication of ideas through oral presentations, written documents, and software documentation.
- Working effectively as a member of a team to complete a project under project management direction.
- Articulation and application of personal and organizational values within the context of professional codes of ethics.
- Researching, learning and applying new technologies and/or methodologies.
CS/CIS graduates are prepared for a wide variety of IT-related careers, from web development to systems analysis to software engineering. In a field as dynamic as Computer Science, your future job may not even exist yet!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for computer network, systems, and database administrators is expected to grow by 28 percent over the next decade. This broad category includes web developers, web administrators and other computer-related positions.