$765 / credit*
Doctor of Nursing Practice
This tuition rate is in effect for the 2013-2014 academic year. Tuition rate is subject to change in subsequent years.
*Total program cost varies and is dependent on transfer credits and individualized program plan.
Admissions Requirements and Checklist
There is one application cycle per year from July to December with the start term of Summer 2014. Application materials must be submitted to Nursing CAS by our deadline of December 15, 2013 for admissions consideration. The application review process will start after the deadline of December 15, applicants will be notified of admissions decision in mid-February 2014.
The following requirements will be required in the online Nursing CAS application. Please carefully review all the instructions prior to beginning your application. No items should be sent directly to CSS.
A complete Nursing CAS application includes:
- Three recommendations.
- All official transcripts
- If you have previously attended CSS you must request your transcripts to be sent to Nursing CAS. Please contact One Stop Student Services
- No high school transcripts are required.
- Resume uploaded
- Essay uploaded
The essay should represent your highest level of academic writing and demonstrate ability to participate in a rigorous, fast-paced academic program. Prepare a three page (maximum) essay, typed and double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins, answering the following:
- How will seeking the Doctor of Nursing Practice enhance your professional goals?
- What life experiences led you to pursue a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree?
- How will the degree affect your current practice and healthcare delivery?
- What are your areas of interest and potential clinical site for a DNP project?
- Why did you choose The College of St. Scholastica for your studies?
- 4-year nursing degree and APRN degree from an accredited program conferred prior to the start of the program
- Statistics course with a grade of B or better within the past 7 years. Statistics is not a prerequisite for admission. The course may be taken as a part of the program during the first term.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- One to three years' experience as an APRN preferred
Upon acceptance into the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program students will need to:
- Submit $750 deposit and Decision Response Form
- Submit Student Immunization Form
- Annually submit proof of coverage by professional liability insurance ($3 million for each occurrence) and nurse practitioner (NP) students must carry NP student liability
- Meet specific health requirements of the School of Nursing:
- Physical examination by a licensed healthcare provider
- Annual Mantoux test or chest x-ray
- Annually pass a state-mandated criminal background check for all Minnesota nursing students prior to first day of classes
- Submit a licensure number and State (to be current and on file at all times)
- Submit a copy of current CPR certification (to be current and on file at all times)